参照 : 571602
- 公開日 : 24/08/2019
- 公開日 : 24/08/2019
Saint-Gobain Research North America (SGR North America) is looking for a talented data scientist to integrate its data analytics group and grow the use of data analytics in all aspects of the business. This is a position with high visibility within the center and from Saint-Gobain top management and the opportunity to make a difference by delivering on high value added projects and fostering further use of data analytics.
The data analytics team at SGR North America supports the different businesses of the company in their efforts related to new product development, business intelligence improvement (CRM data, supply chain, logistics) and manufacturing processes transition toward smart manufacturing. The team works with cloud IaaS and PaaS (Apache Hadoop Platform) provided by Saint-Gobain central services or businesses.
The main responsibilities of the data scientist include:
Leading meetings with internal customers to identify data analytics needs and scope projects including small scale statistical analyses, big data discovery projects and production deployments.
Establishing project strategy in collaboration with internal resources (data scientist, data engineer). This includes participating to the definition of the data architecture and the requirements in terms of data format and structure, and identifying the relevant statistical and machine learning tools and techniques.
Cleaning and manipulating data, and employing sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to generate valuable insight.
Leading cross functional teams by managing self and others to execute and deliver project objectives. Holding project team members accountable (progress, budget, timeline, deliverables).
Presenting results from rigorous technical analyses in a clear and actionable way to project stakeholders and management.
Summarizing project approach and results in concise and accurate technical memos.
Being an active support to the development of data analytics within Saint-Gobain through completion of successful projects with a measurable added value, sharing of results with a large audience, being an active member of Saint-Gobain worldwide data analytics community (participation in tech days, sharing of best practices).
- Demonstrated technical excellence in statistics, and data analytics (data processing, design of experiments, inferential statistics, regression analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning).
- Demonstrated experience with at least two of the following applications/languages: Python, R, Matlab, SAS.
- Ability and desire to self-learn and pick up emerging technologies.
- Strong team player and creative thinking skills, and a desire to “make a difference”.
- Ability to develop relationships with others and to fluently translate technical findings to a non-data science oriented team (manufacturing, marketing, sales, supply chain).
- Ability to efficiently communicate orally and electronically with people having a wide variety of background.
- Demonstrated ability to write concise and accurate technical documents and give strong technical presentations to a wide variety of audience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and organize teams in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback. Demonstrated ability to flex style to match needs of project team members (possesses more than one way to communicate to get things done).
- Experience with the following applications/languages is a plus: Spark, Hive, Impala, Solr, HDFS, NoSQL,
- Familiarity with the following data engineering applications is a plus: Kafka, Oozie, and at least one ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience with the production of machine learning algorithms on Hadoop clusters is a plus.
- Familiarity with smart manufacturing concepts and related data architecture is a plus.
- Familiarity with smart manufacturing-oriented SCADA systems such as Ignition is a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker container technology is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure technology is a plus.
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America is one of Saint-Gobain’s largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on multidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow's products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.