Référence : USA06815
Maintenance Mechanic - Chowchilla, CA
- États-Unis , California , CHOWCHILLA
- Permanent / Regular
Description du poste
The Chowchilla Manufacturing Facility operates 24/7. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, 12-hour shifts and rotate from day shift (7:30 am to 7:30 pm) to night shift (7:30 pm to 7:30 am) every 4 weeks. This schedule repeats throughout the year.
Maintenance Mechanics support the site activities related to equipment reliability, maintenance, and safety. Mechanics will troubleshoot machine breakdowns and make repairs safely to restore the machine to the proper operating condition. Mechanics must adhere to all company safety policies and JSAs while performing tasks and at all times on the premises.
- Troubleshoots and repairs down or malfunctioning facilities and production equipment. Repairs or fabricates equipment.
- Installing, modifying, adjusting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repair of all mobile & plant equipment.
- Repair and troubleshoot all rotating and stationary equipment, such as motors and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic systems.
- Follow standard operating procedures-PM schedules, maintenance work orders.
- Disassemble production machinery and plant equipment to locate defective parts. Remove and replace defective parts such as bushings, bearings, shafts, gears and motors.
- Recognize conditions that could lead to equipment breakdowns.
- Monitor critical pieces of equipment, to detect and resolve issues utilizing WCM tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping of maintenance area and production areas where maintenance work has taken place.
- Able to work within the Safe Work Process and Permitting procedures in CertainTeed,LLC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in WCM initiatives, including but not limited to kaizen events, sustainment board launches, SOP writing and development, safety "Red" tagging of equipment, etc.
- Fire Brigade- Respond appropriately to all fires and all fire alarms. Lead the Fire Brigade crew on shift.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Welding (MIG & TIG ) and metal fabrication.
- Technical Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma (GED accepted)
- Work Experience: 2+ Years of industrial experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to pass mechanical test.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge with basic electrical knowledge.
- Ability to operate a forklift. (Preferred)
- Must be able to work safely and effectively in a team environment, as well as with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to maintain and develop his/her skills.
- Able to interpret mechanical drawings, specifications, and diagrams-Preferred
- Welding -MIG and STIG (Preferred)
Analytical skills and electrical/mechanical problem- solving skills, and an understanding of instrumentation/PLCs.
Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
Detailed oriented with the ability to follow a checklist and maintain accurate work order documentation through SAP software.
Experienced in machine modification and rebuilds a plus.
Basic PC skills including use of Microsoft Office.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and to clearly communicate information received in both written and verbal forms.
Ability to use shop math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals) and compute rate, ratio and percent and ability to reach and interpret basic measuring equipment.
Qui sommes-nous ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings. A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Certain states require pay information be provided in job postings. The local pay range for this position is $29.18 to $31.91per hour, plus .55 shift differential of /hr. This hourly pay rate offered can vary depending on location /geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
In addition to the hourly base pay rate, this position is eligible for an annual bonus. The targeted bonus amount can be up to 3% of hourly rate based on company and individual performance measures. The total annual target cash range (Hourly Pay Rate and Bonus, Annualized (40 hrs/week * 52wks) for this position, is $78,114 to $85,354
Additional Pay Incentives for this Role Include:
- Shift Differentials (i.e. Hourly Rate plus 2nd Shift Differential of .55 / hr
- Standard Overtime (Hourly Rate * 1.5)
Saint-Gobain offers a menu of flexible benefit options including:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Well-Being & Balance: Paid time-off, parental leave, and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Voluntary Benefits: Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Additional based on Role:
- One pair of company-issued steel-toe shoes, and safety glasses; annually