Référence : USA02869
Electrical Project Engineer
- États-Unis , California , CHOWCHILLA
- Permanent / Regular
- Date de publication : 02/02/2023
- États-Unis CHOWCHILLA
- Date de publication : 02/02/2023
Description du poste
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
The Electrical Project Engineer will oversee all aspects of their assigned capital projects from commencement to completion. The managing of these projects should ensure that the work adheres to all company safety policies and OSHA mandated requirements. Interaction with external vendors, plant stakeholders, and corporate teams will be essential. This position reports to the Engineering Manager at the Chowchilla facility.
- Provide management on the electrical component of all projects to improve safety, process operations and reduce costs.
- Plan project development which will include defining the problem, designing/ engineering the solution, creating drawings, developing a scope, obtaining estimates and then submitting a request for capital funds as required through Appropriation Requests.
- Establish timelines for every projects and then managing the execution of the project to completion on time. This will include determining qualified contractors for the project, bidding the project, analyzing and selecting the contractor, managing contractors during install, handling project startups, developing punch lists with stake holders as required.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support to others doing projects in the department as well as plant operations and maintenance departments.
- Provide an interface between Technology group projects and the plant.
- Train personnel on use and maintenance of new or modified equipment. Document training and procedures as required.
- Set up spare part inventory for new equipment and help develop Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance programs as required.
- Have a good understanding of the capitalization process for projects and ensure all projects are executed within the budgeted amount.
- Decision making and problem solving should be based on Electrical Engineering and Economic Principles. All designs and installation should follow National Electric Code (NEC), as well as Company specifications for electrical installations and machine electrical fabrication. Safety should always be priority.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in a manufacturing or production facility.
- Proficiency with power distribution (high, medium & low voltage), process control instrumentation, PLCs, AC & DC variable speed drive systems.
- Design using computer aided drafting and design.
- Have a high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills sufficiently developed to interact with plant personnel, other plants, suppliers, and contractors to find and implement solutions to problems. Have the ability to instruct and get work done through vendors.
- Ability to work on occasional days of 12+ hours during down days or during a project startup.
- Occasional travel to vendors, other plants, seminars, trainings and equipment exhibitions.
- Self-motivated with a continuous improvement mindset.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Qui sommes-nous ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.