Référence : USA03085
Entry level Operator
- États-Unis , Texas , BROWNSVILLE
- Fixed-term Contract
- Date de publication : 25/08/2022
- États-Unis BROWNSVILLE
- Date de publication : 25/08/2022
Description du poste
POSITION SUMMARY (What are the end results or objectives of this position and who benefits?)
Performs repetitive line assembly operations at different work stations and/or sets up and operates manual manufacturing equipment for the testing and finishing of organic bonded grinding wheels according to production needs.
Typical examples of work stations/machinery operated by individuals with this job include all wheel stacking and unstacking locations, Mix Crusher, Manual Speed Tester, Hub Mount Manual, Bushing Embosser, and Face Grinder. This list is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (What functions and responsibilities does this position perform to achieve the above summary?)
- Process abrasive wheels of various sizes while minimizing waste, maximizing machine operator safety and observing good housekeeping standards.
- Perform visual inspection of unfinished and finished wheels based on established guidelines and sample boards. Accurately segregates defective product with a reject or rework card.
- Document quantity of good wheels, defective wheels and scrap codes into manufacturing order. May need to use SAP.
- Record productivity and maximize machine efficiency while performing minor maintenance and tooling functions.
- Work at different work stations as productions needs require within Making or Finishing with short notice.
- Able to work overtime and is flexible with assigned or rotating shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and hours (8, 10, 12) when needed.
- Stack, mark, pack and transport finished work pieces.
- Disassemble setting equipment by separating baked wheels from setting plates.
- Perform visual inspection of condition of setting plates and put aside plates in need of cleaning or new coating.
- Set wheels on automatic and manual presses.
- Take mix from staging area, crush it, and deliver to appropriate personnel.
- Crush green wheels, waste balls, and dust from different locations and identify mix plans to re-introduce as recycled mix per recycle work instruction. Throws non-recycle green waste into waste cone for proper disposition.
- Oversee presses during lunch breaks.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties performed occasionally or in addition to essential duties.)
- Comply with all policies and procedures as they pertain to the Company and job.
- Reduce waste at the source by observing and understanding potential causes of waste streams in the work area.
- Responsible for maintaining the workstation, per 5S guidelines, which includes maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Place waste in appropriate designated, labeled containers and makes sure lids are properly closed after disposal of waste. Examples of waste are: Contaminated rags, empty aerosol cans, defective lime, etc.
- Report abnormal conditions, such as overflowing barrels and missing identification labels to supervisor in charge.
- Perform SMAT audits when required thought out the year.
- Perform “One Minute to Think” before starting any assigned job task.
- Bring to management’s attention any Environmental, Health and Safety alerts throughout the year by submitting a safety alert form.
- Train new employees as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED (List specific education, experience, training/certifications, proficiencies needed. Must support the essential duties and serve as primary criteria for selecting/rejecting candidates)\
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using a calculator is required.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Indicate amount of travel, unusual work hours/shifts or environmental conditions.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (List only physical requirements that are essential to the position and/or cannot be easily accommodated.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand (8 hours, with rest time every 2-3 hours) and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend from the waist and turn 90 degrees from the waist, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds on concrete floor to a distance of 10 feet. The employee is required to lift material (25 lbs.) from pallet on floor and place on conveyer at waist level. The employee is occasionally required to pull and or push a maximum of 100 pounds (material which is in a cart on wheels or on a conveyer) at waist level and walk, talk, listen or reach overhead. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive description of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position as they may be changed at management discretion or in response to business demands.
Qui sommes-nous ?
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Saint-Gobain Abrasives is the world’s leading manufacturer of abrasives, offering powerful, precise and user friendly solutions enabling customers to shape and surface-finish all types of materials even in the most complex and challenging applications across a diverse range of markets. As a technology leader, Saint-Gobain Abrasives sits at the forefront of the industry providing highly engineered, high performance value-adding abrasives, thanks to its continual investment in R&D and close collaboration with customers.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.