Référence : USA04824
Environment, Health, & Safety Internship - Manufacturing - Mobility
- États-Unis , Rhode Island , BRISTOL
- Date de publication : 30/01/2023
- États-Unis BRISTOL
- Date de publication : 30/01/2023
Description du poste
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The EHS & Sustainability intern will be a member of Saint-Gobain, North America's vast EHS team. This candidate will have an opportunity to attend regional EHS meetings, learn how to facilitate EHS Committee Meetings, work on projects, and visit other Saint-Gobain sites in the region to observe and apply Environmental, Health, and Safety best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to EHS Specialist with various projects; including updating existing policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and review of environmental and safety training and policy documents
- Update the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Database
- Updating EHS Portal documentation on SharePoint.
- Assisting with IH sampling/monitoring/compliance for the site.
- Conduct New Hire Safety Orientations
- Conduct site safety and environmental inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree in occupational safety, safety engineering, environmental engineering, or similar field.
- Industrial Hygiene background.
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA, DOT, RCRA and others.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours a week during summer months
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
Qui sommes-nous ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Click here to Explore more opportunities within Saint-Gobain Mobility.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or otherwise a protected individual (including for example refugees and asylees).