Référence : GBR11746
Quality Assurance Technician
- Royaume-Uni , East of England , Ware
- Permanent / Regular
Description du poste
Are you someone who is passionate about maintaining high quality standards?
At our Farecla brand, where we manufacture polishing compounds and surface finishing products, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to work in our Ware site, to provide support to the Technical department and company as a whole to ensure quality standards are achieved and continually improved.
Working in quality assurance is a busy and varied role that will see you working across our manufacturing, warehouse, and yard operations to ensure the highest levels of product quality for our customers. It is however a rewarding role with many pathways for career progression within the company. Some experience in a manufacturing environment, an awareness of what quality assurance is, and your attitude and commitment to your learning and development are most important. This is a role in which we can offer training and development, if you can bring energy, enthusiasm, and a great attitude to the position.
What you will be doing:
- Test the quality of incoming raw materials and finished goods across all areas of the business and maintain written and computerised test data
- Demonstrate reliable continuous improvements to testing procedures
- Maintain the storage of retained samples
- Liaise with production on test results and document test data
- Assist in writing standard operating procedures, (SOPs) where necessary and when required for the Technical Department
- To ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the Quality Assurance laboratory and its equipment in conjunction with the Quality Control Manager
- Ensure the laboratory environment is safe and provide recommendations for improving safety
- Provide support to the R&D team by operating analysis laboratory equipment when required. Training provided
- Assist manufacturing efforts as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Assist with customer complaint investigations and recording findings
- Write internal and external technical reports when required
- Provide effective support to the Quality Assurance Manager when directed
- Devise and write up effective testing procedures for the approval of the Quality Assurance Manager and store centrally
- Provide support to the Company that may be reasonably requested by the Directors, Managers and/or any other members of the Farecla team
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a chemical environment would be an advantage, but not essential
- Quality testing experience
- Good analytical skills
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Experience in report writing and standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards and procedures
- Good attention to detail
- A flexible, adaptable and proactive approach to tasks given
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Qui sommes-nous ?
Are Saint-Gobain and inclusive employer?
Saint-Gobain is the worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction improving daily life through high-performance solutions. From wherever you are, let your unique personality and our values guide you every day to invent a more sustainable world.
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing. At Saint-Gobain, we’re always open to new ways of working. Everyone has different needs and commitments. We’ll happily discuss any need you might have for this role: flexible hours, job-sharing, part-time working, or anything else that matters to you. We can’t promise to meet every request when we’re recruiting. But we do promise to listen.
If you match our criteria, we will be in touch to discuss your experience and more about you as a person, we look forward to hearing from you!