Référence : GBR10715
Infrastructure Solutions Engineer
- Royaume-Uni , Yorkshire and the Humber , Elland
- Permanent / Regular
- Date de publication : 03/02/2023
- Royaume-Uni Elland
- Date de publication : 03/02/2023
Description du poste
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you can lead and influence those around you, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as our Infrastructure Solutions Engineer at Saint-Gobain Digital.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. For this role, we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Computer Science related degree, or demonstrable experience
- At least one of the following certifications: MCSE, RHCSA
- 3 years ‘expert-level’ experience within an Availability Management role covering on-prem and Cloud based Windows Server and Redhat Linux systems
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting infrastructure applications/middleware (IIS, SQL etc)
- Capability to co-ordinate activities within a distributed team
- Advanced knowledge of current Infrastructure protocols and standards
- Ability to design technical solutions and create associated technical documentation
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and tasks with effective decision-making skills in emergency situations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working within ITIL Service Management environment
What will I be required to do in the role?
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer is responsible for Availability Management, Incident Management, Project Delivery and Lifecycle Management across the Windows and RHEL infrastructure technology stack
- Provide an infrastructure support service to Data Centre and Remote site equipment, including trouble shooting, installation and upgrades
- Respond to incidents and requests as assigned within Service Level Agreements
- Carry out systems checks to ensure maximum availability for your systems
- Carry out availability and performance monitoring using available enterprise tooling
- Identify & take ownership of issues found and resolve at earliest opportunity according to priority and impact
- Perform root-cause analysis and preventative corrective actions for service incidents
- Follow change management and capacity planning processes for your systems
- Evaluate and apply industry best practices to your role and your system management tasks (vendor recommendations, s/w & security updates etc…)
- Utilise automation and tooling wherever possible to ensure consistency and efficiency for system tasks
- Ensure strong systems management processes, toolsets and documentation are developed and applied consistently for all infrastructure equipment & systems
- Supporting project teams in delivery of projects and ensuring of efficient on-boarding into operational support teams
- Design of new Infrastructure platforms, creation of lifecycle management processes and service transition into operational teams
- Creation of local technical standards
- Compliance to Group Standards and Security Rules for IT managed Infrastructure systems
Qui sommes-nous ?
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.