Référence : VIE00123
VIE - Process Engineer - H/F
- Canada , Alberta , CALGARY
- Date de publication : 19/07/2022
- Canada CALGARY
- Date de publication : 19/07/2022
Description du poste
The Process Engineer will implement World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects, production and processing methods and controls to meet customer based quality standards in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). Utilizing WCM principles, this position will focus on product formulation, process development and optimization, equipment design and optimization, general project engineering, and trial planning and execution.
The VIE will also support the plant and company strategic initiatives including capital projects that involve process improvements, sustainability and new product development. Through the application of process engineering fundamentals and advances process control tools, this position will ensure that processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations; and resolve special causes variation.
This role consists of analyzing process variations; developing solutions and implementing corrective actions by using advanced statistical tools in identifying and resolving the root causes of the variations in the process, and participates in resolving critical process and product problems with customers and vendors.
It also includes the designing & developing of new process systems, creating standard through data driven analysis, revising existing processes, developing and coordinating the implementation of projects, which contribute substantially to plant profitability.
- Providing technical direction to designers, contractors and employees of associated projects,
- Interacting with Team for operational trouble-shooting, process improvement projects, production materials requirement, raw material availability and Quality Step Zero requirements,
- Compiling technical data and other background information to determine equipment performance specifications and established baselines,
- Interpreting and extrapolating accumulated data to prepare diagrams and flow charts for the efficient operation of the equipment,
- Interacting with consultants and suppliers to determine compatibility of other systems and products as they may apply to process improvement,
- Ensuring CertainTeed Gypsum’s standards of safety, quality and reliability are built into process and equipment solutions utilizing WCM principles,
- Developing and encouraging innovative processes and equipment concepts along with follow through to Return on Investments (ROI) patents and / or proprietary intellectual property,
- Identifying safety, cost and quality opportunities and developing solutions for corrective actions,
- Organizing and initiating run trials to evaluate equipment, process and raw material opportunities,
- Compiling with environmental standards, assuring good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations associated with process control technology,
- Professional process experience in a manufacturing environment,
- Project management and project engineering fundamentals,
- Strong knowledge of facilities and equipment engineering; control systems and equipment performance analysis,
- Process oriented individual with critical thinking and working knowledge of advanced statistical tools used to reduce variations,
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Qui sommes-nous ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.