Reference : 571532
Quality Technician II 2nd Shift
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/22/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/22/2019
The Quality Assurance Technician performs a variety of inspection tasks in support of Manufacturing and other Customer-related processes. These inspections are focused on both products and documentation. Product inspection requires using handheld measuring instruments and other precision measurement equipment.
- Must be proficient at reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Audit the process and verify that the pre-stablished process is being followed.
- Follow up on corrective actions in production line of any issues brought up by the client
- Apply the 5S methodology
- Follow the EHS rules and regulations pertaining to Personal Protective Equipment and SG’s Environmental policies.
- Insure the use of materials that have been released and authorized by the corresponding process
- Ensure all personnel involved in the operation is capable and knowledgeable by observation of work procedures
- Ensure all client concerns are funneled to the correct individuals
- Documentation Inspection includes purchase orders, routers, material certifications and test reports, shippers, Receivers, labels, specifications, etc.)
- Must be extremely detail-oriented in ensuring all data is correct.
- Review shop routers and ensure appropriate certifications and test reports are available to ship to the customer as required.
- Verify all instruments of measurement are calibrated and used appropriately
- Audit all shipments before they are delivered to client site
- Conduct testing and measurements required for the process and products as
- QCA's must also initiate and coordinate external Source Inspection activities and must participate in customer DSQR audits.
- Train others in Quality process and controls.
- Minimum 1 year of experience on Industrial Audit
- High school diploma or technical degree Required
- Statistical Process Control
- Must have industry-recognized quality certification ISO 9001, ISO/TS:16949, Self-Release Delegate, CQI, CQT, or equivalent.
- Must meet requirements for SG Quality Stamp - ability to use handheld gauges and other measurement devices.
- knowledge of inspection techniques, ability to read & understand blue prints and customer specifications.
- Knodlege and application of applicable glass testing R43, ANSI, CCC
- Employee must have the ability to read, understand, translate and clearly communicate customer requirements both verbally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and in using the internet to access and navigate through customer portals.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must work well with others.
Major Functional Area:
Provide accurate and timely support in the area of Quality Assurance by performing inspections of both product and documentation and preparing the required documents and reports in accordance with company and customer requirements
Perform First Article Inspections on products, materials and documentation
Prepare parts and organize documentation for external Source Inspectors; initiate requests for Source Inspection via customer portal or other prescribed method
Perform visual and dimensional inspections as needed for Prototypes, Final Quality Inspections, NCR re-work requalification, and Customer Returned Goods evaluations, and special projects
Learn and apply customer requirements through various methods of training
Investigate customer documentation complaints and make needed corrections
The 2nd shift hours are 2:30PM to 10:30PM +
Who are we ?
Modern vehicles are more than a means of transportation – they’ve become a living space where many people spend a significant amount of time. As part of the Saint-Gobain family of companies, Sekurit has evolved its innovative technologies for over 80 years to manufacture glazing that optimizes drivers’ view, enhancing their comfort, safety and security for a better driving experience.
Today, one of every two European cars is equipped with automotive glazing from Saint-Gobain Sekurit. We provide high-value products and services to three key markets:
- Automotive glass installed by automakers
- Automotive glass replacement
- Glass for transport vehicles
Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain’s family of companies helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.