Reference : 585433
Manufacturing and Machine Operators
- Technical Production
- United States , Worcester , Worcester
- Posting date : 08/06/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Worcester
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/06/2021
SAINT-GOBAIN PERFORMANCE CERAMICS AND REFRACTORIES
A World of Opportunity Awaits You!
Saint-Gobain Ceramics Performance Ceramics and Refractories is part of Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Inc., a technical leader in advanced and industrial ceramics.
HIRING 1ST & 2ND SHIFT ENTRY LEVEL & EXPERIENCED FULL-TIME POSITIONS
MANUFACTURING AND MACHINE OPERATORS
$18.00-19.50/HOUR w/ potential shift differential
- Molder I: Applies a variety of methods, procedures and techniques to mold products using hydraulic, robotic and/or manual presses or molding equipment to compact mix to shape product. Forming or molding basic shapes, (i.e. plates, batts, saggers, rings or bricks) utilizing shop orders and blueprints.
- Kiln Setter/Drawer II: Performs both setting preparations on racks, platforms, kiln cards and removal operations after firing. A Setter/Drawer II plans and builds car configurations and stacks products in specified patterns on racks, platforms, or tunnel kiln cars to prepare for loading into periodic or tunnel kilns, ovens and or furnaces for burning.
- Caster I: Applies a variety of methods, procedures and techniques to cast molds and products using solid cast, drain cast and other methods. They achieve this by assembling molds, pouring mix and staging molds to dry or placing molds in dry rooms. Caster is directly involved with both product and process development.
- Mixer I: Operates or tends machines and/or manually mixes and re-screens materials such as ceramic materials, chemicals, resins and/or other compounds to prepare mix for Molding functions.
Candidate must have good math and measuring skills, lifting ability, and the ability to work in a team environment. Blue print reading is a plus. Must be comfortable working in a heavy industrial factory environment.
For consideration, all positions require your flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Materials & Products
- Basic knowledge of a limited variety of molding materials and product characteristics to make some distinctions between mixes, pressing and finishing techniques.
- Minimal density tests performed on one point for initial molded pieces to gauge tolerances and conformance to specifications.
- Utilizes a wide variety of measuring tools, hand and power tools including a tamping gun to properly mold product.
- Possesses specific knowledge of a variety of equipment and pressing techniques designed to change the material weight or move the wall thickness to achieve desired goal.
- Measures and weighs product using calipers, measuring tapes, micrometers, digital scales, and statistical process control (SPC).
- Adjusts hydraulic press settings to applicable height, weights, and length measurements listed on work orders/blue prints.
- Completes density test and uses finish goods database (FGD) and process monitoring by utilizing statistical process control (SPC) systems and procedures.
- Reviews the well-defined molding plan/work orders/blue prints assigned by the supervisor.
- Sets-up mold and determines how the set-ups influence the density distribution of the product.
- Weighs out grain, pours grain/mix into mold, uses a level or pin rake to spread the mix, presses to mold the piece, removes the piece from the mold and repeats process until mix is gone.
- Conducts first piece inspection to ensure it conforms to the blueprint. Makes necessary adjustments based on results. Measures all dimensions presented on the blueprint making sure it meets all requirements.
- Uses a combination of specific formulas (conversion of fractions & MM) and pressing techniques designed to change the material weight or move the thickness to achieve the desired density goal.
- Capable of troubleshooting and making the necessary adjustments (shims/x-bars) to change or move the thickness of the part ensuring the blueprint thickness tolerance is met.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience.
- General manufacturing skills such as blueprint reading, intermediate math skills (measure in standard and metrics using various measuring devices such as calipers, measuring tapes, micrometers, measuring tools) and basic computers skills are required.
- This position requires up to 3 months' work experience to become proficient in most phases of the job to work independently.
As a regular full-time employee, you would be eligible to participate in a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- 401K match & Retirement Accumulation Pension Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% bonus opportunity & more!
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The Molder I must repetitively lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job within the manufacturing environment, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to heat, fumes or airborne dust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Various PPE devices & equipment such as gloves, safety shoes, respirators, dust masks, hard hats, hearing protection and glasses may be required.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.