Reference : 584649
Industrial Electrician (PLC/Multi-Craft)
- Technical Production
- United States , Huntsville , HUNTSVILLE,
- Posting date : 01/13/2021
- Technical Production
- United States HUNTSVILLE,
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/13/2021
- Perform electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and maintenance with frequent electrical circuits (480v, 240v, 277v, 208v, 120v, and 24v power) and controls-related equipment.
- Perform multi-craft activities (mechanical system maintenance) when not performing electrical activity.
- Install and maintain all electrical systems of the plant.
- Exhibit superior safety practices while performing repairs
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix preventative maintenance on electrical and control systems.
- Independently performs maintenance which may include PLC troubleshooting, re-wiring, power distribution issues, etc.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems and electrical systems to resolve software/hardware and other problems.
- Install and improve use of automation, controls, and programming.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Operators and Manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identity opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of DC power supplies for furnace processes.
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair non-current technology logic panels including hard relays, timers, and counters, heating and cooling controllers.
- Have basic knowledge of mechanical seals, pumps, air compressors, and pneumatic hydraulic knowledge.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment, using precision measurement tools.
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to increase equipment reliability and up-time.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government (e.g. LOTO, Work Permits, etc.)
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders.
- Document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day; including searching and issuing parts, documenting equipment issues and entering inspection/measurement points.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 7 years industrial electrical/programming experience or 5 years and a two-year technical degree, preferred.
- Plant automation experience on Allen Bradley/Rockwell products.
- High Voltage experience required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and re-wire automated equipment such as AC/DC motors, servomotors, and PLC I/O modules.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement and motor/gearbox replacement, lube routes.
- Understanding of National Electric Code and UL Codes
- Working knowledge of electrical theories and systems
The Industrial Electrician is responsible for conducting all mechanical and electrical repairs or installations in a safe and timely manner while ensuring that safety is maintained. This individual is responsible for supporting production operations for all maintenance and repairs for electrical problems on a variety of machines such as but not limited to control rooms, conveyors, and furnaces. Analyze, troubleshoot and maintain all plant equipment through the application of sound PLC troubleshooting techniques and superior repair methodology. This includes PLC programming, project management for all plant projects, and the implementation of new technologies for process control and equipment monitoring and feedback. This position requires a highly skilled individual with technical knowledge and prior work experience in industrial maintenance to include but not limited to, equipment/facility repair and equipment/facility preventive maintenance. The Industrial Electrician must have the ability, motivation and desire to carry out daily job assignments in a professional and timely manner. He/she must be able to perform all assigned duties and responsibilities with little supervision.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.