Reference : USA07378
- United States , Ohio , STOW
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
Why do we need you ?
Perform routine manufacturing tasks for new or existing products according to standardized procedures and/or established work instructions. Specific activities include basic and routine aspects of producing catalyst carriers at the pilot plant and plant level scale.
Required to maintain a clean work area and be knowledgeable of and adheres to all established environmental, health and safety procedures and policies.
Under direct supervision perform production and pilot scale activities focused on weighing, mixing, forming, drying, during the manufacturing process while maintaining accurate written/electronic documentation of the process.
- Includes submitting samples in ERP quality system, testing the samples, shipping to customers.
- Maintaining a clean work area by sweeping, painting, cleaning and organizing the workplace via the principles of 5S
- Adhere to regulatory and safety protocols and participates in all training sessions.
- Perform simple, routine maintenance functions with direct supervision on machinery not requiring the specialized knowledge of an electrician or mechanic (i.e. Basic cleaning, assembly, etc)
- Operate forklift and keep annual certification current.
- Other duties as assigned
Is this job for you ?
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and other individuals within the organization as well as customers in both verbal and written forms
- Demonstrated working knowledge computer skills including email, spreadsheet applications and word processing tools (MS Office preferred) and ability to learn other related computer applications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must perform intermediate math operations, including use of decimals, fractions and S.I. units
- Ability to collaborate effectively on projects led by others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assure that tasks are completed on time, and in accord with department and company standards while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Technical Credibility: Acquires and applies professional/technical knowledge, skills, experiences, and judgment to accomplish results and serve customers better. Demonstrates a working knowledge of the relevant technical discipline in applied settings. Seeks assistance and technical expertise when needed. Ensures that products/ services offered meet customer needs
- Results Orientation: Demonstrates or creates a commitment to action by keeping activities focused on relevant objectives and results.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Demonstrates an ability to flexibly adapt to changing work demands. Embraces change as an opportunity, not a problem. Tolerates ambiguity and stress. Works cooperatively and capably with a wide variety of people. Shifts focus smoothly and quickly among activities
- Fork Lift License
- High School Diploma or equivalent - Required
- Some post-secondary education in technical school or college - Preferred
- One (1) year work experience - Preferred
A little more about us
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.