Reference : USA03050
- Technical Production
- United States , Texas , BRYAN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 11/02/2022
- Technical Production
- United States BRYAN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 11/02/2022
The Process Engineer is responsible for providing support to all departments, aiding in the analysis and development of processes and procedures. The incumbent’s efforts should lead to cost saving initiatives, improvements in or development of products and processes. The incumbent may interface with R&D, customers, and suppliers supporting these processes related to material, manufacturing and engineering activities to support cost, quality and cycle objectives. In addition, the process engineer will be responsible for not only working on assigned projects but generating projects from his/her own methods and analysis.
- Provide daily technical support to the total organization through solving of shop floor problems with the primary focus on identification of root causes and correction of the process. This will involve working closely with Maintenance, R&D, Production Planning, and other plant functions.
- Research and document quality improvements, cost-effective methods and process and system improvements. Provide data analysis of processes to support creation of work instructions, process adjustments, and general improvements.
- Investigate and implement special project assignments involving productivity and quality improvements throughout the plant as directed. Aid in the training of shop personnel where the operation of new equipment or new manufacturing procedure is concerned. Initiate corrective-action projects and actively lead problem-solving teams driven by customer complaints, i.e., returned goods inspection and assessment. Participates in internal audits of the quality conformance system / process.
- Support capital equipment needs with respect to new technologies and business needs. Assist with planning and implementation of such capital projects. Review new product designs for manufacturability. Analyze labor and material variances to control planned costs via process information and enhancements.
This position is concerned with all areas of manufacturing and the accomplishment of short to long-term process and methods improvement. The priority is the investigation and implementation of corresponding manufacturing improvements. In addition, daily production issues in terms of shop floor problems production schedule are requirements of this position. Efforts are directed to the analysis of existing conditions and the implementation of time and management of cost savings projects and quality improvements.
The incumbent works closely with Maintenance, Production Supervision and Planning, the hourly Production workforce, Buyers, and Vendors in the research and implementation of improvement projects and shop floor issues. Interfacing with Production Control and Purchasing is necessary to act on make vs. buy decisions, and to control capital equipment purchases.
The primary measurement of success is reduced downtime, increased OEE, improved product quality, reduction of complaints and reduction of rework.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Comply with, and when possible, exceed applicable Saint-Gobain Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, federal and local environmental regulations through the implementation of our Health & Safety plans and Pollution Prevention:
- Comply with the law and apply the best industry practices continuously.
- Work respectfully and cooperate with all employees, contractors, vendors and customers.
- Work as a team to identify risks and solutions which will eliminate those risks.
- Establish measurable priorities and standards for all involved in this process.
- Implement proven methods found at other sites to help achieve our objectives.
- Continuous improvement actions to reduce emissions and prevent potential pollution.
- Annual review of actions and methods in order to drive continuous improvement.
Specific products and processes are assigned and project results are identified. The incumbent meets regularly with his/her Manager to review status and receive assistance in problem solving. Provides specialized engineering know-how and assures the technical effectiveness of the inspection function within the plant. Specific functions involve inspection procedure documentation and gauging, as well as maintenance and troubleshooting the quality performance feedback system relating to waiver, rework, credit, quality costs, complaints and audit data.
Projects include leadership of lean/six sigma/WCM activities and routine maintenance of quality systems and troubleshooting problems, which impede the effective operation of quality functions. He/she will initiate steps to explore, in some detail, the precise nature of the problem and identify possible corrective actions.
On team projects, the incumbent may formulate independent evaluation or propose changes. This may involve gathering inspection data on finished products, analytical data and determining statistically significant shifts that may have occurred with final product. The incumbent may design production tests, including the gathering of process data to determine causes of specific quality issues.
The incumbent will ensure the proper functioning of the system that has been established to convey customer quality requirements to production. This role will also manage Plant cost savings projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Engineering or related technical field; Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial preferred. - Required
- Master’s Degree - Engineering or MBA - Preferred
- 5 years - Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment or 3+ years in chemical processing engineering - Required
- 1+ years - With Lean/WCM concepts/project roles - Required
- Ability to develop, create, justify, and implement engineering projects - Required
- Strong mechanical aptitude, in addition to excellent organizational and communication skills - Required
- Ability to work in a team based environment and to work collaboratively to solve problems - Required
- Knowledge and experience with 6 sigma, lean manufacturing, kaizen, WCM - Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite - Required
- AutoCAD LT and process control systems experience - Preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving/analytical ability. Statistical analysis/design experimentation skills, basic quality principles. - Required
- Self-motivated and independent. Strong organizational and time management skills. - Required
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.