Reference : 566287
- Technical Production
- United States Watervliet
- Posting date : 03/14/2019
- Technical Production
- United States WATERVLIET
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/14/2019
Q/A Technician is responsible for monitoring the quality of product from the makers, cloth finishing and off line equipment according to specifications and product requirements. This position will analyze, investigate and respond to customer complaints. S/he will also work with factory personnel, quality management system (QMS) to ensure quality standards are maintained or exceeded in accordance with quality policies, ISO requirements, and customer specifications/expectations. This position has the responsibility to place on hold, accept or reject product on established criteria, and interrupt unsatisfactory processes.
Analyzes and resolves customer complaints and authorizes claims for return of goods when conditions warrant. S/he will also formally answer internal and external complaints as needed.
- Develops a working knowledge of cloth finishing and making processes of the products manufactured at the ATR plant.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects with different departments to improve quality and reduce waste.
- Incumbent requires 50% of his or her time walking or standing in the factory. It also requires carrying samples to and from the labs or machines.
- Work hours can vary based on production needs and volumes.
- Awareness of ISO requirements to maintain the improvements required by the Quality Management Systems.
- Supports the testing of restricted product, returns from customer, SG affiliates, production and incoming raw materials for disposition as needed.
- Monitors the quality of product from all makers, cloth finishing and off line equipment. Establishes quality standards to ensure the standards are maintained and the products made to the specifications. Notifies the appropriate department with specific information If the quality of material falls below the standard to be addressed.
- Utilize statistical analysis when applicable to ensure process and products are in compliance to standards for production.
- Communicates product quality standards to production personnel and assists them to meet those standards as necessary. Participate in quality training for operators specifically training in defect recognition, routine trouble-shooting techniques.
- Performs process audits on products/raw materials to identify non-conforming products to resolve quality issues.
- Maintains QA sample plan and specifications for products. Maintains quality samples and record and raw materials COAs. Maintains instruments in QA lab and Makers as needed.
High School diploma with concentration in math and science; 2-year college degree or classes in chemistry and math preferred and 2+ years experience in quality role in a manufacturing environment. Proficient computer skills, knowledge and experience with ISO 9001 Quality System Standards. Strong communication skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail required. Possess analytical skills to conduct statistical analysis where applicable. Ability to sustain, lead and teach production personnel to standards defined by internal procedures and/or customer specifications. Understanding of continuous improvement concepts and measurement methodologies preferred.
Saint-Gobain offers a competitive total rewards package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, paid volunteer time off and tuition assistance.
Who are we ?
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.