Reference : 588235
Packaging Operator - Nights
- Technical Production
- United States , Clearwater , CLEARWATER
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
- Technical Production
- United States CLEARWATER
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Operate extruder and downstream equipment to produce products which conform to part print.
- Inspect the product for visual defects and initiates corrective action required.
- Perform other related tasks, not limited to, but includes performing housekeeping tasks required to keep work areas clean and organized.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations including the wearing of protective equipment when required. Report any accidents and unsafe conditions to management.
- Correctly fill out all time reporting forms and all other related paperwork, including but not limited to, manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identification tags, etc.
- Enter data in CMPC Program.
- Assist in training other employees performing similar tasks on the proper techniques and procedures in order to produce defect free parts.
- Communicate with the other shifts, if applicable, the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job.
- Coiling and packaging of all product, including, but not limited to bagging, sealing, boxing, etc.
- Maintain and practice GMP.
- Other related duties, as management deems necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
High School diploma or equivalent. Prefer previous extrusion technician experience. Ability to recognize issues and diagnose for quick resolution, maintain quality standards, and produce product per production schedules and deadlines. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to stoop or kneel, and reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in a production environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; some exposure to changes in temperature, noise, dust, chemicals.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.