Reference : 588232
Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Beaverton , BEAVERTON, M
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
- Technical Production
- United States BEAVERTON, M
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
3rd Shift Schedule: 11pm - 7:30am, Monday - Friday
The Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift, ensures that employees safely produce the highest quality products in the silicone industry, following the standards of operation as set forth by Saint-Gobain Beaverton.
Supervise 3rd shift Extrusion, Mill/Braid and Packaging employees (approximately 26 employees) to ensure that they are working safely, producing quality product and meeting operational objectives. Standard hours of 2nd shift are 11:00 pm - 7:30 am M-F, with additional hours and/or weekends as required by the business. Coach and develop direct reports. Manage departmental activities and coordinate with support departments to meet facility/corporate objectives. Initiate/participate in self-development and training of others. Understand all safety, environmental and quality policies and significant impact of job activities.
- Safety-Exhibits/initiates safety awareness, behavior, safe work practices and good 5S practices. Promotes a safe working environment by complying with proper use of PPE, reporting incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements. Out of standard conditions preventing the team from meeting expectations are escalated as appropriate.
- Quality-Expectations are being met through adherence to procedures, work instructions and overall Quality System Management (QMS) expectations. Out of standard conditions preventing the team from meeting expectations are escalated as appropriate.
- Delivery-Customer On Time to Promise (OTP) expectations are given and adhered to through proper flow. Out of standard conditions preventing the team from meeting expectations are escalated as appropriate.
- Inventory-WIP allowance is defined within 5S and is not excessive for department standards. Out of standard conditions preventing the team from meeting expectations are escalated as appropriate.
- Productivity-Employees are given the tools, instruction and opportunity to meet production standards. Design/implement effective cross-training programs to ensure the coverage for department. Out of standard conditions preventing the team from meeting expectations are escalated as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. 10 years of manufacturing experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in supervising production employees.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding products, equipment, and processes preferred.
- Proficient in use of computers and spreadsheet software with experience with business systems (ERP, Microsoft Office).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Lean manufacturing and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) experience is preferred.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.