Reference : 588220
Quality Control Analyst I, LIfe Sciences
- Technical Production
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/19/2021
New Graduates welcome!
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences is looking for a driven, talented, and energetic Quality Control Analyst to join our Analytical Services and Quality Control team to conduct hands-on laboratory quality control testing of Saint-Gobain Life Sciences Products in our laboratory facility in Gaithersburg, MD.
Dedicated to improving the quality of life, Saint-Gobain Life Sciences develops and manufactures high-performance components and integrated solutions for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, medical devices, filtration processes, cell therapy solutions, and laboratory products. The selected candidate will perform hands on quality control testing according to established industry standards and validated in-house methods such as water testing, particulate analysis, burst testing and endotoxin analysis of Saint-Gobain products. The selected candidate will also participate in in test method validations, develop new test methods with guidance, generate laboratory reports, and support the Analytical Services and Quality Control Laboratory’s ISO 17025 certification effort.
- Perform quality control testing such as physical tests, particulate analysis, water testing & bacterial endotoxin tests.
- Perform or assist with the development and validation of QC test methods according to USP, EP, and ISO Standards.
- Perform testing accurately and according to schedule
- Ensure principles of data integrity are followed at all times
- Maintain laboratory instrumentation according to maintenance schedules
- Maintain supply inventory to ensure adequate supplies to execute assigned testing whilst providing appropriate notice for re-orders.
- Openly participates in laboratory investigations of out of specification results
- Openly participates in internal and external laboratory audits
- Ensures individual laboratory work areas are clean and maintained according to 5s principles
- Provides feedback and revises written documents such as reports and SOPs
- Executes and/or supports commercial and manufacturing support requests
- Supports lab management: safety aspects, equipment maintenance, 5S, lab audit preparation and action follow-up, regular equipment checks, supply inventory etc.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility
- Shows initiative to streamline development and laboratory processes
- Conforms to all environmental health and safety policies and procedures including the use of personal protective safety equipment as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Supports data trending and archiving tasks.
- BS Degree in Biology, microbiology, chemistry, or other relevant Science or Engineering with a minimum of one year of experience
- Must possess relevant hands on laboratory experience
- Must be competent in data analysis and reporting of test results.
- Must be able to adhere to specifications, procedures, and requirements, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks/projects to meet project deadlines
- Must help to maintain a clean, safe, and efficient laboratory environment
- Must communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Must possess knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.