Reference : 588093
Process Engineering Technician
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions is seeking a Process Engineering Technician for our Coated Fabrics business in Merrimack, NH. The Process Engineering Technician assists Process Engineers by effectively conducting specific process improvement projects and/or tasks. This is a hands-on position, working in production, with several projects running concurrently. Other duties include assist with Engineering Trial Orders; propose disposition of DMRs; samples preparation and analysis; test and data documentation; assist with lab and pilot scale trials; and assisting process engineers as otherwise needed.
Essential Functions Include:
- Assist process engineers with process improvement and waste reduction efforts. Responsibilities may include investigating root causes of waste, supporting Quality & Process Control projects, completing process sheet updates, drafting Engineering Trial Order paperwork, and monitoring ETO runs.
- Maintain and create George (Manufacturing System) recipes.
- Regularly audit run sheets and process settings. Track, analyze, record, and communicate process deviations.
- Administration of Engineering Trial Orders: collaboration with process engineers and manufacturing associates, preparation of ETO paperwork, coordinate with operations and planning on ETO scheduling, conduct ETO alongside manufacturing associates, analyze and report ETO results and create and maintain accurate ETO documentation.
- Assistance with the transition of new products and new processes to manufacturing, and troubleshooting of associated problems in coordination with the Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality departments.
- Responsible for preparation of samples and trial materials and analysis, including preparation of coating formulations.
- Initiate/participate in self-development and training of others.
- Provide technical support to daily manufacturing process problems as needed. Technical support includes but not limited to: manufacturing deviations, George recipe troubleshooting, visual defect assessment and documentation, publishing quality alerts, and assist with DMR disposition.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- 3 years direct hands on manufacturing skills, operating production equipment, in a coating, lamination, or textile environment, required
- 3 years wet chemistry experience in laboratory, pilot or manufacturing environment, preferred
- Prior experience with quality testing and use of microscope, spectrophotemeter, micrometer, Thwing Albert thickness gauge
- Must be able to read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Must be comfortable around moving machinery, QC lab equipment for testing
- Must be able to climb a tower ladder and push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong math skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Strong adherence to company policies and procedures to include: safety, environmental, health, quality, operational, and personnel
- Strong understanding of what it means to take care of your customer, whether internal or external
- Strong ability to treat others with respect, dignity and empathy
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, teamwork, pride, and a sense of ownership in your work
- Self-motivated, results driven, active participant in change and process improvement
- Open-minded to differences, learning, problem solving, improvements and change
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.