Reference : 588035
Operational Coating Lead 2nd shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 10/06/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/06/2021
The Operational Coating Lead is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of their functional area, which consists of multiple coating towers, lamination, and film casting processes, on a day to day basis. Assist Production Supervisors by overseeing the labor, materials and machine usage ensuring the safety, quality, cleanliness, and efficiency standards of the organization are met. Responsible for conducting the Coated Fabrics and Film Casting processes in the most efficient way in order to keep waste to a minimum. Responsible for shop floor planning in order to deliver on the production schedule. Ensures all employees are performing their work in a manner that is in accordance with Saint-Gobain standards and must set a good example themselves. Involves supervision, HR, and EHS as necessary to maintain a productive, professional and safe work environment for all employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrate exemplary behavior by conforming to Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct and Action, Saint-Gobain Attitudes, Saint-Gobain EHS Standards/Requirements, Saint-Gobain Quality Standards and Saint-Gobain Policies and Procedures
- Enforce all the above on the production floor through proper training, coaching and monitoring.
Provide leadership and support to production operators
- Assist/provide daily backup for tower, QX and casting operations (i.e., employee breaks, absences, changeovers, and/or increased production needs). Ensure stations are staffed appropriately with required personnel per procedures (i.e., Two people on MD changeover).
- Redirect work/tasks of team as needed while ensuring safety, quality and production requirements are being met.
- Ensure inventory plans, materials (raw and WIP), and tools needed for operations are available to team members .
- Approve/sign-off on all process operations, ensuring all operators are following established procedures, process sheets, PQD’s, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete all required QAD transactions assigned to the area each shift.
- Train and develop operators, assist supervisor with completing skills evaluations.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve production/operation issues as they occur, including correct and/or stop operation when necessary; notate changes/approvals on process map; and complete/approve deviation forms as necessary.
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management.
- Collaborate with other Leads and consult with EHS, Quality, Facilities, Production Supervisor, Scheduling, or Process Engineering to determine the most effective solution and follow through on initiatives to continually improve the safety, quality and productivity of the team.
- Involve supervision, HR and EHS as necessary to maintain a productive, professional and safe work environment for all employees.
May be requested to run shift in absence of Production Supervisor
Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch & convert to decimals
- Ability to use measuring tools/gauges and confirm calibration of said tools (NDC gauge)
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques, product quality requirements and process control parameters
- Intermediate mathematical skills, ability to understand spec requirements and tolerances
- Advanced comprehension, communication, reading, and writing skillsependability and thoroughness, detail-oriented
- Certifiable to operate forklift truck
- Intermediate computer skills
- 1+ years Experience working as a lead or two years as a tower operator for SG with experience operating multiple towers
- 1+ years Good record, with no active disciplinary action
- Able to climb a ladder/stairs periodically during shift and be comfortable working at heights
- Able to operate equipment that is in constant motion
- Able to work with hands at working height frequently and periodically above head
- Able to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Able to work in confined space, as necessary
- Able to obtain respirator qualification, if needed
- Able to obtain forklift certification, if needed
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.