Reference : 587800
- Technical Production
- United States , Bristol , BRISTOL, RI
- Posting date : 09/17/2021
- Technical Production
- United States BRISTOL, RI
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/17/2021
The Saint-Gobain Bristol, RI facility has great opporutnity for a Facilities Technician. As a Global Top Employer Saint-Gobain has a lot to offer: Benefits start day 1, matching 401k, pension plan, bonus, tuition reimbursement and so much more!
The Facilities Technician position involves knowledge of carpentry, maintaining lighting fixtures, basic machine maintenance, maintaining coolant systems and equipment. The role will also complete any duties required by the Maintenance Lead or Facilities Manager. He/She will also be expected Identify and resolve basic process problems and implement cost reduction ideas as well as address any urgent safety concerns.
- Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled shift in accordance with 5S principles
- Operate scissor lift and basic forklift. Certification for both required.
- Knowledge of lock-out, tag-out procedure
- Tow motor skills are a requirement, with the ability to load and unload storage racking systems safely
- The safe use of elevated platform trucks is a requirement for changing lights
- Warehousing of incoming inventory
- Basic electrical knowledge (i.e., determine if power is on/off, for LOTO purposes and changing bulbs)
- Basic plumbing and pipe fitting used on coolant systems
- Basic machine repair (belts adjustment, filter replacement, disassembly/reassembly of coolant systems)
- Basic carpentry tools saws, drills etc.
- Housekeeping of the entire facility which includes machine coolant changes, trash changes, shoveling/salting sidewalks, setting up and tearing down for events, etc.
- Basic hand tools knowledge
- Use safe practices and comply with all company policies, procedures and health, safety and environmental regulations, as required.
- Conduct safety observations and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) activities as required by our plant EHS. Follow all safety requirements pertaining to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and operation of equipment.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in above ambient temperatures
- Maintain high attendance standards
- Ability to strictly adhere to written and verbal instructions
- 2+ Years of working in a manufacturing environment
Saint-Gobain Benefits include:
▪Medical/Vision/Dental/Pharmacy ▪Short and Long Term Disability ▪Life and AD&D Insurance ▪Dependent Life Insurance ▪Volunteer Paid Time Off ▪Retirement Plan: 401(k) ▪Group Legal Coverage ▪Flexible Spending Account ▪Paid Holidays ▪Paid Vacation ▪Tuition Reimbursement ▪Employee Assistance Program (EAP) ▪Matching Gifts Program ▪Product Rebates ▪Vendor Discounts ▪Live Well ▪Wellness Reimbursement ▪Paternity Leave
Physical Demands are:
- Vision - important if color distinction, visual inspection, measuring/assembling at distance close to eye is essential to job
- Reading and Writing - Expressing or receiving detailed information by nonverbal means
- Climb/Balance - important if the amount and kind of climbing or balancing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch/Crawl -important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Standing/Walking: Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Finger/Grasp/Handle/Feel: Working, primarily with fingers
- Talk/Hear: Expressing or receiving detailed information by means of the spoken word
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.