Reference : 587686
- Technical Production
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 09/14/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/14/2021
The Engineering Technician is responsible for carrying out routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems for production and facilities equipment in a regulated environment.
- Corrective & Preventative Maintenance - Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance which includes documentation of maintenance activities and filing of records. Detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or operators; diagnose problems and repairs; increase efficiency of machines; bring equipment and environment within SG safety guidelines.
- Repair, inspect and test machinery and equipment: for safety or unsafe conditions. Must conduct LOTO and follow proper Saint-Gobain standards and procedures.
- Contractor Safety administration – conduct site safety orientation and permits for contractors, monitor contractor activities to ensure adherence to Saint-Gobain safety standards, and that work is completed according to defined scope/permit.
- Spare Parts Inventory - Maintains 5S on tools, spare parts inventory, and work area. Ensures adequate spare parts inventory; places orders on tools/spare parts as necessary, with manager approval.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of facility and grounds in regards to safety and compliance whether city, state, federal, or Saint-Gobain/Landlord requirements.
- Building system monitoring with occasional maintenance to ensure production areas meet operating conditions.
- All other tasks assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of proven experience in commercial/industrial maintenance
- Must have experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment/systems
- Computer literacy and technical writing skills for documentation purposes
- Must have ability to read and interpret technical documents such as equipment manuals, specifications, and electrical/mechanical drawings
- Must have a strong commitment to safety practices & principles as well as familiarity with OSHA and Environmental Regulations
- Must be self-motivated and able to work un-supervised independently and with a team effectively
- Must have good judgement, planning, and organization as well as concern for customers
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred
- Commercial/industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting is preferred
- Experience working in a regulated industry a plus; electrical experience a plus
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic equipment/systems is preferred
- Previous forklift and aerial lift experience preferred
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.