Reference : 587602
Extrusion Operator - 2nd shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Taunton , TAUNTON, MA
- Posting date : 09/02/2021
- Technical Production
- United States TAUNTON, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/02/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, join Saint-Gobain Life Sciences and become a valued team member while making life-saving products.
Saint-Gobain’s Taunton, Massachusetts manufacturing team produces silicone tubing used in life-saving pharmaceutical and medical applications, such as IV drug delivery, health management, vaccine development and testing as well as the components for life-improving applications related to drug manufacturing and medical procedures.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Apply now to learn how Saint-Gobain can help you build your future in manufacturing!
★ SIGN-ON BONUS: $500 sign-on (eligible after 90 days of employment)
The operator is expected to safely operate all equipment, follow pertinent SOP and ISO guidelines, inspect product, and produce quality with minimum scrap to achieve an acceptable product while following quality guidelines, ISO, Safety Regulations and customer requirements. May serve as a trainer on functional requirements.
- Cutting silicone strips, loading the extruder, and providing balanced and consistent feed on the assigned extruder with no supervision.
- Fully understands all safety and quality issues associated to operating the assigned extruder, cure ovens and cutter.
- Fully understands all extruders and equipment safety and quality issues for peroxide and platinum silicone processing with no supervision.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping as per supervisor / lead person’s direction.
- Follows and understands GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practice) and OP.’s (Operating Procedures) as it pertains to their responsibilities. Complete all required paper work correctly.
- Report all necessary and correct information per operations in real time through software system (Factivity).
- Setup of extrusion processes on peroxide and platinum materials with no supervision.
- Setup and operation of extrusion process on various profiles with no supervision.
- Setup and operation of all tubing size ranges of the extrusion process with no supervision.
- Setup and operation of the extrusion process on multiple lumen tubing with limited supervision.
- Capable of getting correct tooling and making necessary tooling changes with limited supervision.
- Capable of troubleshooting, making adjustments, and collaborating with maintenance and quality to ensure product and equipment is running per specification and procedures.
- Perform minor maintenance and PM Inspections of designated equipment with limited supervision.
- Cutting product to required lengths by hand.
- Setup and proper/safe operation of the automatic cutting equipment with no supervision.
- Perform acceptable clean-outs and screen changes for the assigned extruder with no supervision.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Consistently meet production standards and identify when standards cannot be met.
- Capable of working with engineering and leadership to develop extrusion process sheets and parameters for new and existing products and sizes.
- Capable and responsible for keeping all work areas and extrusion tooling in good working condition and notifying supervision of any anomalies.
- Ability to follow work schedules that include operations, covering breaks, cleaning, safety activities, and training.
- May be required to train personnel.
- Help out in other departments as needed with appropriate training.
- Must abide by the Workplace Safety Guidelines and Company Policies, and use all the necessary personal protective equipment required.
- 2nd shift schedule is 3PM-11:30PM
- The work schedule includes working a minimum of 3 weekend days per 4-week cycle. The 4-week cycle will consist of working at least 1 full weekend (Saturday & Sunday combined).
- Opportunity for overtime when available.
- The compensation package includes a shift and weekend differential
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred, not required
- Mathematical and measuring skills
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- The ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in the English language
- The ability to read and understand work orders and product specifications
- Ability to see defects at close range
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions to achieve specifications.
- Finger Dexterity - The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Ability to work in a respectful way in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work as a team to meet goals/KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
700 Warner Blvd, Taunton, MA 02780
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.