Reference : 587595
Inspector/Conversion Operator - 2nd shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is seeking an Inspector/Conversion Operator (2nd shift) for our coating operations. In this role, you will ensure our manufactured, coated fabric and/or film products meet quality specifications before performing final operation and packaging for shipment.
$500 Sign On Bonus for 2nd shift + 5% shift differential
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform machine set-up and take down on inspection/slitting machines for all products
- Collect material from WIP area and use material handling equipment to maneuver to workstation
- Properly thread leader/material into inspection machine and adjust tension and blades appropriately
- Reads and interprets specifications including shop packets, sales orders and PQD’s
- Visually examine manufactured material or product for defects per PQD’s
- Verify specified dimensions of material required on sales orders
- Properly identify product defects/flaws to be able to take viable lead and/or tail QC samples
- Diagnose and troubleshoot to resolve process problems
- Use edge wheels on light films
- Ensure proper roll formation for material widths of ¼” up to 160”
- Reject and segregate non-conforming materials from conforming material
- Identify, prepare and maintain required inspection reports, scrap reports, and perform computer transactions related to materials with a high degree of legibility, accuracy, neatness and organization either manually or via QAD system
- Collaborate with team and production areas to resolve any identified operation
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- May be exposed to cold and/or hot temperatures at times
- Able to lift/push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to stand/walk for sustained periods of time
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate experience using linear measuring devices, dial indicators, weighing scale
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Intermediate reading, comprehension and mathematical skills and basic computer skills
- Able to read process sheets, instructions, quality and ISO documents to ensure product quality requirements are met
- Able to operate and be certified to use Overhead Hoists and Pallet Jacks
- 1+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (company contributed)
- Medical w/HRA/Vision/Dental/Lif/AD&D/STD/LTD/Parental Leave (no waiting period)
- Employee stock purchase option (company discount & match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- 401k (w/company match)
- + Many More
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.