Reference : 587361
Manufacturing Engineer II, Injection Molding/ Over Mold
- Technical Production
- United States , Clearwater , CLEARWATER
- Posting date : 08/12/2021
- Technical Production
- United States CLEARWATER
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/12/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Manufacturing Engineer II is responsible for managing technical activities including engineering, product development, Tech Transfer, application engineering, and support to customers and other departments. This role will be highly collaborative and work to support assigned Focus Factories/departments/plants and the Project Management central team. This position is to focus on Injection Molding & Over molding of CFLEX Resin.
After integrating into the specific area of specialty, IE; Injection & over molding the incumbent will bring this expertise to other Life Science locations to plan and execute on the industrialization and Transfer of core product lines and processes.
Daily scope of work
- Production support
- Troubleshooting production (Injection molding & over molding of C-flex (PP & TPU) resins) to alleviate manufacturing process losses
- Outsources the repair and maintenance of tooling, and ensures tools are serviceable at all times
- Control of contractors
- Support projects and change orders being conducted by colleagues
- Conduct Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) to determine root cause and remediation of repetitive defects/issues
- Assess and authorize process deviations
- Advise on root causes of non-conforming materials
- Initiate and manage change order requests which include but not limited to elements of environment, health and safety, purchasing, quality, and engineering
- Plans, develops, and executes projects to reduce waste through improved manufacturing and process efficiency, using WCM methodologies
- Initiate formal requests for capital equipment using substantiated justifications
- Implement new processes and equipment by using IQ/OQ/PQ validations
- Updating validations as needed due to process changes
- Drafting and editing SOPs
World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Pillar activities
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management
- Performance Control System (PCS) management
- Lead and coach multifunctional Kaizen teams
- Auditing of pillar and kaizens
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Extensive knowledge of plastic extrusion, injection molding and compounding
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ISO, GMP, and FDA requirements preferred
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.