Reference : 586993
- Technical Production
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 07/15/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/15/2021
The Production Supervisor will supervise hourly production employees and ensure that employees safely produce the highest quality products, following the standards of operations for the Life Sciences plant in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Gaithersburg, MD site is a custom manufacturer for the biopharmaceutical and cell therapy industries and is an ISO 13485 site and registered with the FDA. This position is responsible for 2 strategic focused factories, both of which support critical application end use products for gene therapy, cell therapy and final fill biopharmaceutical applications.
The incumbent leads personnel towards Operational Excellence and is responsible for driving the team to meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators, OSHA, ISO and FDA requirements as well as abide by Saint-Gobain’s Principles of Conduct and Action, Human Resources policies, environmental standards and safety policies. Provides shift supervision and coordination of multiple activities throughout all work centers to ensure safety, quality, performance/delivery and cost to meet customer’s requirements objectives are achieved. Manages schedule adherence and production efficiency by department. Facilitates problem solving activities to help troubleshoot problems on the production floor. Coach, develop and mentor direct reports, which includes hourly operators and leads.
- Supervise daily activities of subordinates on respective shifts. In addition, develop personal/departmental goals and objectives and critique previous performance with each employee through a semi-annual review process.
- Creates strong team culture with a foundation of trust
- Facilitates and resolves employee conflict issues
- Supervises departmental activities and coordinate with other departments to meet facility/corporate objectives
- Assist production team in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Provide back-up support during high periods of absenteeism
- Communicate with the other shifts, if applicable, the status of parts, equipment and any other matter that might have an impact on the job
- Responsible for production training completion. Ensures operators have completed all required training including OJT and SOP readings.
- Assists with recruitment and onboarding of new production team members
- Fully utilize and interface with the local IT systems to ensure complete data input and output on a daily basis
- Investigates and resolves production variance issues
- Correctly fill out all time reporting forms and other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identification tags, approving ECOs, etc.
- Complete non-conforming material investigations and documentation for production related events
- Ensure raw materials are correctly issued and managed for all work orders
- Participate in daily/weekly GEMBA walks and aide in implementation and adherence of PCS boards
- Participate in customer complaint investigations; with responsibility for implementing manufacturing process improvements.
- Participates and leads production improvement initiatives such as WCM projects and 5S
- Recommends, initiates and implements projects to continuously improve production equipment, processes and work environment to ensure quality levels in an ISO certified facility
- Model 5S behaviors and work habits in daily standard of work
- Coordinate new product development activities with production team
- Coordinate validation execution with production team
- Drives strong safety culture with Production team and acts as a safety leader
- Observe and support all safety rules and regulations
- Investigate and report any incidents, accidents and unsafe conditions to management
- Key participant in the Site Safety Program (SMAT) and ensure production personnel are in full compliance with internal and external safety standards
- Tracks and manages site safety participation with production team
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field or Business Administration
- Consideration may be given to those with 10+ years’ of related experience in lieu of a formal degree
- 3+ years experience leading, developing and/or training others in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, FDA, etc.
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and/or Focused Factory experience
- Must be proficient with navigating internal software used to ensure production and process control
- Strong ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, drawing or blueprints
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.