Reference : 586373
Engineering and Facilities Manager
- Technical Production
- United States , Portage , PORTAGE
- Posting date : 05/25/2021
- Technical Production
- United States PORTAGE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/25/2021
The Facilities and Optimization Manager, consistent with Life Sciences Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives, provides leadership in effectively implementing and managing engineering, tool room and maintenance strategies to world class levels of safety, environmental impact, quality, service, and efficiency standards within the financial internal controls framework. The position is responsible for:
- Driving short and long term activities that maximize machine reliability and production uptime.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of manufacturing. processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency.
- Ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together.
- Providing a safe working environment.
- Supporting the technical requirements of manufacturing.
- Establishing an engaging and customer centric organization while improving operational performance.
In addition, the Facilities and Optimization Manager provides dotted line leadership and support to the Focus Factory departments and new product introduction activities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements strategies, policies, procedures, and goals
- Develops, implements, monitors, and controls all engineering department plant engineering, facilities and tool room costs and budgets.
- Maintains general readiness of all plant, property, and equipment.
- Performs strategic and tactical management of new and ongoing projects.
This level position represents a fully seasoned professional with a thorough knowledge of engineering principles and theories and their application. The incumbent pursues projects, which are complex in nature and require unique and innovative solutions. They usually involve interaction with other disciplines or may require a high level of specialized expertise. The projects are often of a critical nature to the business.
This position interacts with and supports cross-functional initiatives across all Life Sciences Engineering Managers. The role creates engineering standards that are used locally and shared within Life Sciences.
The Portage site is 24x7 operations supporting 4 Focus Factories.
- Bachelors of Science - Engineering or related field ; Required
- 5 years - Team Management experience; Required
- 5+ years -Continuous Improvement; Required
- Knowledge of ISO, GMP, and FDA requirements; (preferred)
- Continuous Improvement (WCM, Kaizen) green belt training or equivalent (preferred).
- Expereince in a change management environment.; Preferred
Who are we ?
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers. We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a Top
Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse, and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain's innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications.
As one of the world's leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life's critical moments. Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we've learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile startups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths. Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths
to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you're empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences, and together, we'll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.