Reference : 586215
Weaver 3rd Shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 05/16/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/16/2021
Looking for a career opportunity with a company that has longevity and great benefits?
Saint-Gobain is seeking a Weaver for our 3rd shift in Merrimack, NH. This position is entry level - we will train dependable person. Come join our Team!
$500 sign-on bonus
**PERMANENT 3rd SHIFT POSITION – SUN-THRS 11pm-7am. MAY NEED TO TRAIN ON 1ST SHIFT (M-F 7a-3p) for approximately 6-8 weeks**
The Weaver operates a battery of looms to weave various types of yarns into multiple widths of fabric that is used in our coating and fabrication operations (for industrial and architectural product). Must have excellent attention to detail, is responsible for overall quality of material/product being produced.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates safety awareness and safe work practices
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Identifies product and by-products to be used to produce correct material from work order
- Identifies correct yarn being used and twist
- Verifies woven products from woven style list
- Identifies pattern(s) to verify correct process
- Draws in warp yarn according to process
- Follows process to reed and install reeds into various looms
- Checks looms for warp tension
- Installs lease rods for knot typing warp(s), as necessary
- Paroles aisles between looms to detect malfunctions, broken yarn ends, exhausted yarn packages
- Identifies and corrects defects
- Removes miss picks, short picks and can start/re-start loom without causing defects
- Performs width and pick level checks, as required
- Makes processing adjustments to ensure quality product is being produced
- Examines looms to determine cause of loom stoppage, such as warp, filling, harness breaks or mechanical defects
- Flags and stops off loom for fixer when broke down or making defective material
- Places empty bobbins in trays or boxes for return
- Ensures sufficient supply of filling at loom
- May replace defective heddles and doups, using hand tools
- Doffs cloth when sufficient yardage has been woven and removes from loom
- Prints all documents needed for tracking and monitoring all fabrics, as required per process
- Reports all smash work and warp outs
- 1+ years working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- 1+ years working in an ISO environment (preferred)
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic reading, comprehension, math, troubleshooting and computer skills
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Ability to stand frequently during shift, climb stairs/ladder, perform some work overhead and lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic understanding of equipment operation to include, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components operating simultaneously
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures, treat others with dignity and respect, and open-minded
- Willing and able to cross-train in other areas according to business needs
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, teamwork, pride and a sense of ownership in your work
- Self-motivated, results-driven, active participant in change and process improvement
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- May be exposed to cold temperatures and/or heat at times
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head
- Able to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to work in confined spaces as needed
- 10% shift premium on base wage
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Annual Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k (w/company match)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD (no waiting period)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- Tuition Reimbursement
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorizied
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.