Reference : 586214
Formulator - 2nd Shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 06/10/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/10/2021
Looking for a company that offers opportunities to grow, a respectful and collaborative culture?
Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions is seeking a 2nd shift Formulator for our Films and Fabrics division in Merrimack, NH. We will train dependable person. Come join our Team!
$500 sign-on bonus
The Formulator is responsible for preparing chemical pigment slurries and fillers (formulations/coatings) per recipe to support three departments within our coating production. Handles incoming chemicals and/or materials, uses and follows proper methods to create slurries and fillers, and performs shop floor control reporting.
Performs and operates job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific process sheets and operational parameters. Must have excellent attention to detail, is responsible for overall quality of material/product being produced.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates safety awareness and safe work practices
Follows recipes, work orders, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation:
- Use SG inventory system to identify the correct raw and/or recycled chemical(s) to be used (QAD, First In First Out (FIFO) methodology and etc.)
- Use tight-fitting, air-purifying respirator when weighing and dispensing raw chemical ingredients, as required
- Weigh and dispense raw and/or recycled chemical ingredients, according to recipe specifications, into mixers, totes, etc.
- Mix raw and/or recycled chemicals, according to recipe and/or procedure/process, to create pigment slurries and fillers
- Operate various mixing machines (Kady and Ball Mills)
- Check formulation using various calibrated and non-calibrated tools
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms; labels; and log books
- Input shop floor control data into computer system (QAD)
- Identify issues/problems with documentation and/or processes/procedures
- Work with coworkers, process engineering, management, and etc. to create and implement solutions to issues/problems
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Complete visual and specific gravity inspections using proper measuring tools
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- 1+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- 1+ years experience working in an ISO environment (preferred)
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate comprehension, reading, writing and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Accurately read various recipes, charts and measurement tools (Hegman gage, viscometer, etc.)
- Basic problem solving skills
- Dependability and thoroughness
- Basic understanding of equipment operation to include, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components operating simultaneously
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Strong ability to treat others with respect, dignity and empathy
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, teamwork, pride, and a sense of ownership in your work
- Self-motivated, results-driven, active participant in change and process improvement
- Open-minded to differences, learning, problem solving, improvements, and change
- Production environment with regular exposure to dirt, dust and noise
- May be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above headAbility to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to be forklift certified
- Able to pass respirator (tight-fitting) fit test
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Able to work in confined spaces as needed
- 5% shift premium on base wage
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Annual Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k (w/company match)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD (no waiting period)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation and Sick/Personal time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- +Many more
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.