Reference : 586010
Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 05/04/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/04/2021
Are you looking for a place to work offering a good work experience - good benefits - and opportunities to advance?
Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions, Films and Fabrics Division in Merrimack, NH holds a prominent position as the global leader in PTFE and silicone coated fabrics.
Our products range from the highest level of chemical barrier performance, to architectural membranes used to create iconic and energy-efficient structures. Through our continued investment and commitment to R&D and manufacturing technology, we continue to provide superior value to our customers.
Annual Bonus Program (payout of up to 10% on qualified annual earnings)
Pension plan (company contributed, employee vested after 3 years)
Vacation and Sick/Personal time
401k (company match up to 6%)
Paid Parental Leave
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITY: Maintenance Technician 1st Shift
The Maintenance Technician performs job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific company policies, instructions, and specifications. Is responsible for the safe and efficient installation, maintenance, and repair of production manufacturing and facility machines, equipment and systems.
Demonstrate safety awareness and safe work practices:
- Comply with Saint-Gobain safety rules, policies and procedures
- Ensure personal protective safety equipment is worn and is in good repair, as required
- Ensure tools and equipment are in correct and safe working order
- Safely operate powered and non-powered tools and equipment used in job functions
Perform regular preventative maintenance on production and plant facility machines, equipment and systems:
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Work with close tolerances and measuring equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, models and blueprints
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production, when needed
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Installs and/or repairs wiring and electrical/electronic components
- Assemble, install, and/or repair pipe systems and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs/fixtures and tools
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-yr Technical Degree or Apprenticeship in Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical field of study (preferred)
- 3-5 years working experience in maintenance roles (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve various issues involving mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Ability to inspect, test, maintain and repair various issues on a variety of production and facility machines/equipment
- Ability to use hand and power tools to fabrication, maintenance and repairs to accomplish work assignments
- Ability to work independently on projects or assignments without close supervision or detailed instructions
- Ability to work in a cross functional group of employees to resolve production related issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dependability and thoroughness
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proactive approach to recognizing problems in the work environment
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment, by assisting and/or performing other tasks as directed/assigned by lead, supervisor, and/or other levels of management
- Able to be certified for:
- Overhead Crane
- Lock out/Tag out
- Aerial Lift
- Confined Space
Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
May be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head
Must be able to operate equipment that is in constant motion
Able to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
Able to work overtime as needed
Able to work in confined spaces as needed
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.