Reference : 585976
Plant Manager - Manufacturing, Biopharmaceutical Solutions, Life Sciences
- Technical Production
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 04/28/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/28/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Plant Manager holds the leading responsibility for the overall operations of the manufacturing facility, focused on achieving operational goals and objectives regarding safety, profitability, capital investment, cost reduction programs, operations planning, and maintaining employee engagement and a positive workplace culture.
The Plant Manager will lead all aspects of continuous improvement for the Gaithersburg plant, multi-product operation that services both Life Sciences and/or Process Systems business units. Managers of the following departments will report directly to the Plant Manager: Production, World Class Manufacturing (WCM), Facilities/Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and EHS. Customer Service, R&D, Marketing, and other corporate or commercial functions may be located within the site and report directly to various other managers.
This position is responsible for driving innovation and introducing entirely new elements to the Saint-Gobain Life Sciences business that do not exist today at the same time as maintaining core business.
Planning and Operations: Manage, direct and coordinate all operations directly related to production and shipment of all products produced by the facilities: Supply Chain and Logistics, Quality, Manufacturing and Manufacturing Systems, Facilities Engineering/Maintenance, and Process Engineering. Manage, direct and coordinate Plant staff (Human Resources and Finance) functions. Manage positive union relations including contract negotiations (if applicable). Prepare operational plans and budgets, and report to appropriate Management on actual performance vs. those plans.
Personnel Development: Design and administer effective Human Resources programs to equip employees to achieve business goals and to foster career development and organizational succession plans. Staff all above functions, as appropriate to the most effective achievement of operational goals and objectives. Establish a succession plan within the facilities for key positions for plant operations.
Technology Leadership: Identify inefficiencies in plant operations and drive systematic cost improvement and state-of-the-art processing through WCM program. Prepare and submit CAPEX projects to support the efficiency improvements.
Safety and Communications: Ensure that the facilities are operating safely and in full environmental compliance. Serve as principal facility communications liaison across SG PPL and external contacts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials, Manufacturing, Engineering, and other related technical fields is required.
- 7-10 years of progressive operations experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. biotech, medical device, pharma, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience leading and developing staff in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and proven team building skills. The incumbent must possess strong leadership skills and be a hands-on leader to continually build effective relationships, drive accountability, challenge assumptions and provide support and resources for improvements in all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Safety oriented management style developed in a manufacturing environment.
- A proven ability to foster and establish effective working relationships with management team, employees, and key corporate contacts will be critical to facilitating changes necessary to support overall process improvements.
- High comprehension of P&L, cost accounting, cash flow, capital management, budgeting, and other financial concepts routinely used in planning and measuring plant performance.
- Knowledge of materials and inventory control practices, production scheduling, and engineering in a manufacturing environment.
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences in Gaithersburg, Maryland is a state-of-the-art Life Science manufacturing facility. We produce cell culture bags, fluid transfer assemblies, single use assemblies and injection molded products in our ISO 7 and ISO 8 cleanrooms. We make a difference in the world by changing how we treat diseases through the manufacture of custom products used in cell and gene therapy clinical trials and manufacturing. We also support biopharmaceutical applications through the production of critical application final fill assemblies, molded components and other pharmaceutical applications.
We are actively on our journey to become a Saint-Gobain's Life Science Center of Excellence and business leader for bag manufacturing and critical application single use assemblies. Future plans and projects include:
- Implementation of automation for bag fabrication, molding and assembly
- Advancing sterilization programs and environmental controls
- Implementation of integrity testing for critical application assemblies
- Significant building modifications and addition of new injection molding equipment
- Expansion of cell therapy bag product lines
- Continued focus on employee growth, and the employee experience
- Prioritizing work/life balance with flexible work schedules
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.