Reference : 585823
Quality Technician-FABRICATION 3rd Shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 04/19/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/19/2021
Saint-Gobain is seeking a Quality Technician for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using PTFE coated, high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Sunday-Thursday 10pm-6am. Training for this position will be for approximately 4-6 weeks on 1st shift (M-F 6am-2pm)**
The Quality Technician-Fabrication is responsible for quality assurance for fabrication processes and products. Assuring all products are verified to customer requirements and controlled drawings in accordance with project control plans and standards. Responsible for verifying incoming components, conducting source inspections, assuring traceability, witnessing testing, checking parts and assemblies conform to prints, validating production records and in the event of a discrepancy initiating the non-conformance report to contain any suspect material. Audits production and escalates any deviations from approved SOP. Works collaboratively with production and engineering support in root cause investigations and assures corrective actions are implemented. Issues certificates of compliance and first article reports. The Quality Technician-Fabrication is the main POC for customer and DCMA inspection. Conducts special testing in support of the fabrication design process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Model ISO compliance
- Be on front-end of process to ensure processes are accurately followed and recorded – making sure project control plans are consistently cascaded into EWRs
- Responsible for EWR process to assure contract requirements are cascaded to manufacturing accurately and validated as product is realized on travelers
- Audit monitoring devices and maintain calibration standards
- Monitors quality and adherence to work instructions, standards and policies
- Complete supplier source inspections
- Complete incoming inspections to controlled drawings
- Complete visual inspections on material as necessary
- Recognize defects, use proper descriptions, link to appropriate parts/sub- assemblies and assure traceability
- Identify, record and report non-conformance conditions
- Manage the non-conforming process insuring that all reports are completed fully with root cause and corrective action. In partnership with program management insuring customer MRB authority is maintained per contract
- Perform root cause analysis – generate solutions. Escalate quality issues and correct and/or stop fabrication when necessary
- Identify, recommend and initiate changes to maintain fabrication quality in collaboration with other departments and ensure proper recording/dissemination of information is provided
- Support product testing as needed
Generate proper documentation as needed (Incoming Inspection Checklists, First Article Reports, Discrepant material reports, certificates of compliance)
Anticipate potential problems with safety, quality, or production, and either determine root cause to take appropriate action to correct or notify supervisor
Collaborate with Leads and consult with EHS, Quality, Facilities, Production Supervisor, Scheduling, or Process Engineering to effectively resolve any identified fabrication issues
Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
Participate in WCM projects
Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree-Quality Assurance, Control and/or Engineering (preferred)
- 1+ years experience working in a quality role
- 1+ years experience working in an ISO manufacturing environment
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/32 of an inch and convert to decimals
- Intermediate mathematical skills-ability to understand spec requirements and tolerances
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (blueprints)
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques, product quality requirements and process control parameters
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced comprehension, communication, reading, and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Dependability and thoroughness
- Basic understanding of equipment operation to include, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components operating simultaneously
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Citizenship requirements –
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- May be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head
- Must be able to work kneeling/squatting frequently
- Must be able to work at floor and/or elevated height levels frequently
- Ability to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces as needed
- Shift premium of 10%
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- Paid Parental Leave
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.