Reference : 585707
Lead Production Supervisor - 1st shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Taunton , TAUNTON, MA
- Posting date : 04/08/2021
- Technical Production
- United States TAUNTON, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/08/2021
Ensure that employees safely produce the highest quality products in the silicone industry, following the standards of operation as set forth by SGPPL, Taunton. Promote a safe working environment, complies with proper use of PPE, reports incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibit good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager, the Lead Supervisor is responsible for managing, improving, and implementing all production operations. Successful leadership will result in a highly trained and motivated workforce that works closely with Engineering and Quality to ensure capable manufacturing processes meeting quality objectives with consistent cost improvements. Working in conjunction with Engineering to ensure high quality products are produced in a safe and efficient manner while maximizing capacity with minimum cost.
Actively implements continuous improvement initiatives. Uses operational excellence tools to find, resolve, and sustain gain against site losses. Supports the 2nd & 3rd Shift supervisor and teams to ensure improvements to production are sustained on all 3 shifts and best practices are used on all shifts continuously. Acts as the Production lead in the absence of the production manager.
Supervise First shift employees, to ensure that they are working safely, producing quality product and meeting operational objectives. Manage Schedule Adherence and %OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) by department. Facilitate problem solving activities to help troubleshoot problems on the production floor. Periodically conducts process/product quality audits and communicate customer complaints. Fully utilize and interface with the MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems to ensure complete data input and output on a daily basis.
Coach and develop direct reports. Manage departmental activities and coordinate with support departments to meet facility/corporate objectives. Initiate/participate in self-development and training of others. Understand all safety, environmental and quality policies and significant impact of job activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience with supervisory/scheduling of production employees
- 3+ years of experience directly supervising, leading and developing others
- 8 - 10 years experience in extrusion or molding of silicone, rubber polymers, thermosets and thermoplastics is preferred
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office Package, data gathering, data analysis and reporting. Proficient in use of computers and spreadsheet software with experience with business systems (QAD, Kronos, Microsoft Office), and other computer hardware and software.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbally and written)
- Ability to support and use WCM (World Class Manufacturing) programs that include Machine Boards, Area Boards, Health Check, Policy Deployment, Single Agenda, Pillar management, Green Belt OPI/KPI support and Continuous Improvement Project Support.
- Must have ability to manage performance, leadership skills, initiative, strong organizational and decision-making skills, team building and motivating skills.
- Must be independent, quality and cost conscious, with skills in leadership and team building.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, written and verbal. Self-motivated, able to make independent decisions
- Lead site wide efforts in areas such as 5S, Overall Equipment Efficiency, Employee Engagement and data acquisition technologies and use. OEE analysis reporting and analysis, shift to shift information transfer, Lead Green Belt project to certification, guide future YB/WB projects, implement Performance Control Systems, implement manufacturing Execution Systems. Participate in Value Stream Mapping efforts.
- Knowledge of extrusion, injection molding of silicone products, equipment and processes is preferred, not required
- Ensure safe and efficient utilization of workforce, materials, equipment and in-process inventories in the production of all products. Ensures production equipment is kept in safe working condition. Enforces all procedures and policies. Responsible for achieving acceptable product quality according to specifications. Works with quality assurance and engineering departments to document and update procedures and work instructions. Recommend capital projects and work with engineering, during design, procurement and installation / commissioning. Manage performance with each employee throughout the year and prepare each person’s annual review. Be in charge of performance improvement and employee development through coaching, training and corrective action. Actively involved in recruiting and retention efforts. Supervise first shift employees who work 7AM-3:30PM, but being available during other hours as well as needed.
- Responsible for elimination of human error losses and the mentoring/development of production supervisors and employees. Ensures operators follow standard operating procedures, work instructions and run parameters as defined by Engineering. Works independently and holds employees accountable for following procedures and achieving results. Responsible to monitor production output, waste, efficiency, utilization and downtime. On a daily basis, researches, reconciles and dispositions rejected product. Provides feedback on all production discrepancies. Manage departmental activities and coordinate with other departments to meet facility/corporate objectives.
- Responsible for coordination and extensive contact with other production areas and engineering disciplines including production planning, manufacturing engineering, quality control, and product engineering. Sustain the thorough use of the Shift-To-Shift transfer of the Daily Production Schedule by Maintaining Machine Boards and Area Boards as introduced. Provide daily updates to all leads. Plan and execute production schedule, responsible for meeting on-time to Work Order objectives. Manage material and labor variances through operator training, equipment improvements, suggestions and schedule optimization.
- Monitor and react to established performance indicators, including: %OEE by area & equipment, production, quality and safety metrics. Improve processes and practices by the use of CAPA root cause analysis. Event documentation and follow through to react to customer complaints and internal gaps for continuous improvement and risk reduction. Assure accurate transfer of WIP material and assure productive and accurate use of Factivity. Direct and support continuous improvement effort and projects in production.Lead the effort for visual management and PCS, GEMBA across all production areas and shifts.Launch projects and sustain results.
- Be an active member on center committee(s) and support business objectives like Manufacturing 4.0 and World Class Manufacturing efforts. Other duties can be assigned per business needs.
- Promote a safe working environment, comply with proper use of PPE, report incidents, and participate in functional department safety meetings. Exhibit good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.