Reference : 585613
Assembler - 2nd shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Taunton , TAUNTON, MA
- Posting date : 03/30/2021
- Technical Production
- United States TAUNTON, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/30/2021
To assemble product by paying close attention to work orders and customers specifications and utilizing all safety rules and procedures at maximum efficiency, with minimum scrap to achieve an acceptable product while following quality guidelines and specifications.
- Follows the proper steps to achieve an acceptable product while following quality specifications and guidelines, in a safe working environment.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping as per supervisor / lead person’s direction.
- Follows and understands GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practice) and OP.’s (Operating Procedures) as it pertains to their responsibilities. Complete all required paper work correctly.
- Report all necessary and correct information per operations in real time through software system (Factivity).
- Utilizes documentation such as the Bill of Materials (Work Order Routing) product specification, drawings and company equipment (Rulers, Tappi-Chart, Go No Go Gauge, tape measures) to achieve an acceptable product.
- Set-up Branding equipment and brand coils per specification.
- Load, unload and program post cure ovens with correct cycle as per specification. Load, unload Product Carts.
- Operate sealers per specification.
- Ability to coil, clean, festooning, coil separation per specifications.
- Operate Spooling equipment per specification.
- Clean and package all products including molded products.
- Set-up and operate tube rinsing equipment.
- Set-up and operate tube cutting (killion) equipment. (Proper tooling, parameters, blades position/changes, count scale, cut lengths & periodic length checks)
- Use of Computer and label printers to print labels according to part specifications.
- Assemble pump sets per specification.
- Ability to set up count scales.
- Ability to follow work schedules that include operations, cleaning, safety activities, and training.
- Meet all Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice to satisfy customer requirements, performs other duties as assigned and keeps the work area clean.
- Consistently meet production standards and identify when standards cannot be met.
- May be required to train personnel.
- Help out in other departments as needed with appropriate training.
- Must abide by the Workplace Safety Guidelines and Company Policies, and use all the necessary personal protective equipment required.
- 2nd shift schedule is 3PM-11:30PM
- The work schedule includes working a minimum of 3 weekend days per 4-week cycle. The 4-week cycle will consist of working at least 1 full weekend (Saturday & Sunday combined).
- Opportunity for overtime when available.
- The compensation package includes a shift and weekend differential
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred, not required
- Mathematical and measuring skills
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- The ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in the English language
- The ability to read and understand work orders and product specifications
- Physical Coordination, as well as the ability to lift up to a maximum of 35 pounds.
- The ability to work with cleaning solutions such as Isopropyl Alcohol is required.
- Ability to work in a respectful way in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work as a team to meet goals/KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.