Reference : 585513
Manufacturing Engineer II
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 07/16/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/16/2021
Saint-Gobain is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer II with 3+ years of practical manufacturing engineering experience for our Fabricated Systems Department in Merrimack, NH.
**This position does not have sponsorship allowance - please see ITAR Requirements below.
The Manufacturing Engineer for Fabricated Systems plans and designs manufacturing and quality processes for the Fabrication department in order to maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work-force utilization to ensure quality products at a minimum cost. They will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing and quality methods, processes, tools and operations for new and existing products, including process validation within ISO/QSM guidelines and adherence to customer specific requirements. The candidate will be expected to lead Industry 4.0 initiatives in the department. Perform duties within established environmental, health, and safety requirements. Incumbent must be flexible in order to support 24 X 7 operations.
• Material yield improvement – implement a system for tracking material yields and prioritize, develop, and execute project initiatives to increase material yields.
• Lead root cause investigation and long term resolution for DMRs (discrepant material resolution). This includes preparing presentations for both internal and end user disposition.
• Training development – Work with operations to develop and implement work center training programs across all shifts
• Coordinate project specific contractual requirements between PM, Engineers, Manufacturing and Quality. Coordinate transfer and ensure accuracy of engineering drawings
• Process Improvements – identify constraints in our process workflow, prioritize, develop, and execute methodologies for increasing work center productivity.
• Develop Parts inventory control: receiving, inspection and proper storage
• Streamline operational decision making – empower employees with the tools and training for quick decision making. Eliminate redundant paperwork and reviews (ie signoffs).
• Establish Multi Hit data base to support confident, quick and reliable decision making for radome seam integrity.
• Plan and execute Design of Experiments to optimize material changes to optimal machine settings
• Develops Value Steam Maps as living documents to improve all facets of the fabrication process.
• Monitor and report on inventory components using the QAD system. Trains others in use of QAD and the relationship to work order completion. IE: Labor and scrap reporting.
• Familiar with Timekeeper system to audit contract hours allotted vs. actual.
• Measurement data for individual radome quality and timeliness.
• Manage the department Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program
• This position leads and reports all WCM activities to include cost saving initiatives
• New method and process development – lead commercialization efforts on stage gate and co-development projects with the innovation teams (R&D + Fab Design)
• Specific output being lean manufacturing control plans that are consistent with the products CTQ items.
• Develop in-process Quality Process to include necessary in-process checks for CTQ’s (Travelers)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical), required
- 3 + Years' experience work in an engineering capacity in a regulated manufacturing environment, with demonstrated technical judgement / accomplishments and project leadership
- 3+ Years' project management
- Lean / Six-Sigma training preferred
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
Who are we ?
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.