Reference : 585404
Machine Operator (GBR) - 1st shift
- Technical Production
- United States , Merrimack , MERRIMACK, N
- Posting date : 04/10/2021
- Technical Production
- United States MERRIMACK, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/10/2021
Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is seeking a Machine Operator (1st shift) for our Ground Base Radome (GBR) business. In this role, you will operate machines and use various jigs/fixtures to create a rigid, thermoplastic, self-supporting panel which are designed to protect various communication systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Basic machine set up
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings to understand material to be used.
- Load thermoform material into machinery (manually or using mechanical assistance tools)
- Operate machine
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processed through machines
- Load thermoform material into various jigs /fixtures for sub and final assembly
- Apply various types of hardware to sub and final assemblies using small hand tools and adhesive(s)
- Check materials using various calibrated and non-calibrated tools to ensure dimensional aspects of the parts being processed
- Insert, replace and perform repairs as needed
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- Excellent attendance and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in kneeling, squatting position freqently for short durations throughout shift and lift up to 50 lbs
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Intermediate reading, comprehension and mathematical skills and basic computer skills
- Willing and able to use a variety of both power and hand tools
- 1+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- 3+ months experience reading blueprints (preferred - willing to train the right candidate)
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Citizenship requirements –
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Lif/AD&D/STD/LTD (no waiting period)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- Paid Parental Leave
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.