Reference : 585177
Senior Process Engineer
- Technical Production
- United States , Taunton , TAUNTON, MA
- Posting date : 02/23/2021
- Technical Production
- United States TAUNTON, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 02/23/2021
This position is responsible for providing materials and process engineering support while leading process development, improvement, and scale up projects in manufacturing. Manage scope and magnitude of project assignments from a single component to new product introduction. Work with internal and external customers to improve processes, reduce scrap/waste, justify capital expenditures, solve process-related problems, and implement improvements. Provide project management support as needed. This position is the site liaison with R&D for new processes, new product development and process trouble diagnosis.
- Lead site effort to optimize processes by identifying losses, implementing corrective actions and putting controls in place to sustain improvements.
- Works closely with R&D on product and process development, running trials and results analysis. Collaborates with R&D on process and material trouble diagnosis in Taunton and other sites as needed. Works on Scale Up projects as R&D work transitions to production in Taunton and other sites.
- Lead Technology Transfer projects as needed globally. Prepares Design of Experiment (DOE) protocol.
- Performs Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Prepares Root Cause Analysis using methodical tools such as Operational Excellence, Five Why Analysis and Pareto Analysis.
- Will develop and align BOMs & Routings to be accurate and in a consistent format.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering required, Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years in silicone or rubber extrusion process engineering preferred, chemical processing experience preferred
- Experience working closely with the R&D organization Substantial experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industries
- Strong process and manufacturing engineering skills, including process diagnostic capability with a record of process cost savings
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers, both written and verbal.
- Strong organization / project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Able to lead work to completion where interaction with cross functional groups such as Production Workers, WCM/EHS teams, Quality, Purchasing and Customers is required to be effective.
- Strong computer skills as related to this position.
- Be proactive in problem solving with demonstrated proficiency applying Operational Excellence/WCM/6 Sigma tools.
Who are we ?
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We’re one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a Top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain’s remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse, and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences, and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.