Reference : 584769
Manufacturing Engineer II
- Technical Production
- United States , Clearwater , CLEARWATER
- Posting date : 01/25/2021
- Technical Production
- United States CLEARWATER
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/25/2021
Come join a fast growing manufacturing plant in Tampa Bay, FL. We are in the process of moving into a brand new world-class facility as our operations continue to grow and expand into new exciting areas. We are looking for a metric driven Manufacturing/Process Engineer with to help us deliver high quality product using lean methodologies to help us reduce quality defects, set up times, and improve work instructions. If these are deliverables you are passionate about, we want you to join our team. Saint-Gobain is a large organization with a multitude of career paths available to the right candidate, come see for yourself why we are one of Tampa Bay's employers of choice.
The Manufacturing Engineer II is responsible for managing technical activities including engineering, product development, applications engineering, and support to customers and other departments. The incumbent promotes WCM and safety across the facility.
Daily scope of work
- Production support
- Troubleshooting production to alleviate manufacturing process losses
- Outsources the repair and maintenance of tooling and ensures tools are serviceable at all times
- Control of contractors
- Support projects and change orders being conducted by colleagues
- Conduct Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) to determine root cause and remediation of repetitive defects/issues
- Assess and authorize process deviations
- Advise on root causes of non-conforming materials
- Initiate and manage change order requests which include but not limited to elements of environment, health and safety, purchasing, quality, and engineering
- Plans, develops, and executes projects to reduce waste through improved manufacturing and process efficiency, using WCM methodologies
- Initiate formal requests for capital equipment using substantiated justifications
- Implement new processes and equipment by using IQ/OQ/PQ
- Drafting and editing SOPs
World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Pillar activities
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management
- Performance Control System (PCS) management
- Lead and coach multifunctional Kaizen teams
- Auditing of pillar and kaizens
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Bachelors of Science with a degree in Engineering or related field is required. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a manufacturing engineer. At least 2 years of experience with extensive knowledge of extrusion, injection molding and compounding with plastics. Knowledge of ISO, GMP and FDA requirements. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Proficient computer skills and continuous improvement training.
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in an clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
With a tradition of excellence that goes back more than 350 years, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Invent Yourself! Reshape the World. Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.