Reference : 584655
- Technical Production
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 01/14/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/14/2021
The Production Supervisor will supervise hourly production employees and ensure that employees safely produce the highest quality products, following the standards of operations for the Life Sciences plant in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Gaithersburg, MD site is a custom manufacturer for the biopharmaceutical and cell therapy industries and is an ISO 13485 site and registered with the FDA. This position is responsible for 2 strategic focused factories, both of which support critical application end use products for gene therapy, cell therapy and final fill biopharmaceutical applications.
The incumbent leads personnel towards Operational Excellence and is responsible for driving the team to meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators, OSHA, ISO and FDA requirements as well as abide by Saint-Gobain’s Principles of Conduct and Action, Human Resources policies, environmental standards and safety policies. Provides shift supervision and coordination of multiple activities throughout all work centers to ensure safety, quality, performance/delivery and cost to meet customer’s requirements objectives are achieved. Manages schedule adherence and production efficiency by department. Facilitates problem solving activities to help troubleshoot problems on the production floor. Coach, develop and mentor direct reports, which includes hourly operators and leads.
- Supervise daily activities of subordinates on respective shifts. In addition, develop personal/departmental goals and objectives and critique previous performance with each employee through a semi-annual review process.
- Creates strong team culture with a foundation of trust
- Facilitates and resolves employee conflict issues
- Supervises departmental activities and coordinate with other departments to meet facility/corporate objectives
- Assist production team in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Provide back-up support during high periods of absenteeism
- Communicate with the other shifts, if applicable, the status of parts, equipment and any other matter that might have an impact on the job
- Responsible for production training completion. Ensures operators have completed all required training including OJT and SOP readings.
- Assists with recruitment and onboarding of new production team members
- Fully utilize and interface with the local IT systems to ensure complete data input and output on a daily basis
- Investigates and resolves production variance issues
- Correctly fill out all time reporting forms and other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identification tags, approving ECOs, etc.
- Complete non-conforming material investigations and documentation for production related events
- Ensure raw materials are correctly issued and managed for all work orders
- Participate in daily/weekly GEMBA walks and aide in implementation and adherence of PCS boards
- Participate in customer complaint investigations; with responsibility for implementing manufacturing process improvements.
- Participates and leads production improvement initiatives such as WCM projects and 5S
- Recommends, initiates and implements projects to continuously improve production equipment, processes and work environment to ensure quality levels in an ISO certified facility
- Model 5S behaviors and work habits in daily standard of work
- Coordinate new product development activities with production team
- Coordinate validation execution with production team
- Drives strong safety culture with Production team and acts as a safety leader
- Observe and support all safety rules and regulations
- Investigate and report any incidents, accidents and unsafe conditions to management
- Key participant in the Site Safety Program (SMAT) and ensure production personnel are in full compliance with internal and external safety standards
- Tracks and manages site safety participation with production team
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field or Business Administration
- Consideration may be given to those with 10+ years’ of related experience in lieu of a formal degree
- 3+ years experience leading, developing and/or training others in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, FDA, etc.
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and/or Focused Factory experience
- Must be proficient with navigating internal software used to ensure production and process control
- Strong ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, drawing or blueprints
Gaithersburg is a Horizon 3 site that introduces entirely new elements to the Saint-Gobain Life Sciences business that do not exist today at the same time as maintaining core business. This requires a people leader incumbent who will be responsible for rapidly implementing new technologies and processes associated with nascent business ideas and future business growth opportunities while in parallel mastering core business programs and processes. As such this incumbent must have the ability to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and will impact the short-term and long-term goals of Life Sciences.
As a Horizon 3 site, Gaithersburg is building successful future businesses which requires visionary leadership focused on the velocity of learning and innovation. As such, site leaders must excel at agility, master change management and prioritize people engagement to ensure a successful rapid rate of change and innovation within the organization. This requires the ability to change the thinking of, and gain acceptance from, others in time sensitive situations, while maintaining strong relationships.
The Gaithersburg site is a highly regulated facility and is developing into a center of excellence for bag manufacturing and critical application single-use assemblies. As the final product has high end use criticality and direct patient impact (gene therapy, cell therapy and final fill biopharmaceutical applications), the incumbent must be able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations and end-use application is considered. People leaders within the site must be able to routinely collaborate with cross-function business units outside of the site to meet customer demands while in parallel implementing new technologies. In addition, when making decisions, role must be able to exercises risk-based judgment within defined quality management system to balance product safety and efficacy, customer satisfaction and rapid innovation.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.