Reference : 579622
Fabrication (Structural Assembler) Associate 2nd Shift
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 10/16/2020
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/16/2020
Saint-Gobain is seeking Fabrication Associates for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. In this role, you will help build covers for Radar systems and other structures such as military shelters (tents). We will train candidates that are dependable and willing to learn.
$16/hr to start plus a 5% shift differential
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm. Training for this position will be for approximately 4-6 weeks on 1st shift (6am-2pm)**
Would you like to work for a company that makes products to keep our first responders and military safe in extreme situations and architectural fabrics for stadium covers? Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
The Fabrication Associate is responsible laying out, cutting and assembing material to manufacture a variety of products to specification. The successful candidate will follow process sheets, work orders, and instructions to make the highest quality products for our customers. Successful candidates must have excellent attention to detail with regard to safety and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Read and interpret blueprints, to measure, cut, layout and assemble coated fabric material
- Fabricate miscellaneous parts using a variety of powered and hand tools and ensures accuracy to blueprint
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processes
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- Excellent attendance and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in kneeling, squatting position freqently for short durations throughout shift and lift up to 50 lbs
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Intermediate reading, comprehension and mathematical skills and basic computer skills
- Willing and able to use a variety of both power and hand tools
- Must be able to follow company policies and procedures, treat others with dignity and respect and be open-minded
- Prefer - 1+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Prefer - 3+ months experience reading blueprints (preferred - but training can be provided)
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Citizenship requirements –
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
- Ability to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work on knees or in standing position
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Shift premium of 5%
- Competitive hourly rate
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- Paid Parental Leave
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.