Reference : 573775
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 11/07/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/07/2019
The Quality Engineer will work in concert with the rest of their team towards 100% customer satisfaction by implementation of effective quality methods and processes within the Aerospace and Industrial markets. This position will have ownership for understanding and implementing all market (AS9100 / ISO 9001) and customer quality requirements. The Quality Engineer is also responsible for managing all aspects of customer required First Article Inspections and Part Approval Processes and will develop the inspection processes needed (both digital and manual) to ensure 100% compliance with all customer drawings and other specifications. He/she/them works cross-functionally with Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Operations to facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning processes as well as the Electronic Quality Management systems.
Essential functions include:
- Manages all internal and external aspects of customer required AS9102 First Article Inspections (FAI) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) preparation, completion, and submission. Coordinates and plans daily inspection activities.
- Serves as Project Lead for the design, development, site-wide training, and implementation of Electronic Quality Management Systems (EtQ Reliance). Supports the site Quality Management System in maintaining AS9100/ISO9001 certifications.
- Works cross functionally with Engineering, Production, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with Product Development Engineering group for new product launches.
- Review and disposition of non-conforming material detected within the Final Inspection department.
- Train/coach shop floor employees on proper quality techniques and use of quality tools and equipment
- Understanding customer quality requirements and developing proper quality inspection processes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- ASQ, CQE, CQT, or CQA preferred
- Six-Sigma/Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of AS9100 / ISO 9001 standards. Previous experience working in the Aerospace industry is highly preferred
- 6+ month' experience in a Quality related role/position
- Must have advanced knowledge of GD&T, precision measurement gaging/tools. Strong Understanding of AS9100/ISO9001
- 6+ months' experience working with closely with customers
- 6+ months' experience in a leadership/supervisory role in a manufacturing setting (Quality Department) is preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex customer engineering specifications and requirements
- Gage Calibration & Measurement System Analysis knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of modern quality inspection equipment and tools
- Expertise in problem solving methodologies and continuous improvement techniques
- Must have initiative, strong organizational and decision-making skills, and a high degree of customer orientation
- Strong computer skills / aptitude. Experience in design, development, and implementation of Electronic Quality Management Systems (e-QMS)
- Strong knowledge of Quality Sciences (RCCA, Problem Solving, Process Approach, FMEA, Statistical Process Control, Data Mining, Calibration, Non-Conforming Material Control)
- Can work multiple projects concurrently. Deadline focused and detail oriented
- Expertise in Industrial 4.0 areas such a vision systems, automated inspection, and data analysis
- This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual (including for example refugees and asylees).
Physical Demands include:
- Vision - Ability to view/see parts for visual inspection and measuring
- Reading and Writing - Expressing or receiving detailed information by nonverbal means
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch - Requires use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Standing/Walking - Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Finger/Grasp/Handle/Feel - Working primarily with fingers
- Talk/Hear - Expressing or receiving detailed information by means of spoken word
- Repetitive Motions - Substantial movement of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Working in above ambient temperatures
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Benefits include:
▪Medical/Vision/Dental/Pharmacy ▪Short and Long Term Disability ▪Life and AD&D Insurance ▪Dependent Life Insurance ▪Volunteer Paid Time Off ▪Retirement Plan: 401(k) ▪Group Legal Coverage ▪Flexible Spending Account ▪Paid Holidays ▪Paid Vacation ▪Tuition Reimbursement ▪Employee Assistance Program (EAP) ▪Matching Gifts Program ▪Product Rebates ▪Vendor Discounts ▪Live Well ▪Wellness Reimbursement ▪Pet Insurance ▪Paternity Leave
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.