Reference : 571335
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/12/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/12/2019
The Quality Manager will coach, mentor, and guide the site operations towards 100% customer satisfaction by implementation of an effective Quality Management System in accordance with AS9100/ISO9001 standards. The Quality Manager will be functionally responsible to work with all functional departments to have operational standardization of systems for quality assurance/quality control. The Quality Manager will also be directly responsible for leading the World-Class Manufacturing Quality and Process Control Pillar through effective planning, deployment, and implementation of continuous improvement projects geared toward influencing positive trends on KPI’s. He/She/Them will also be directly responsible for managing the effectiveness of satisfying the interested parties within the supply chain, and lead the World-Class Manufacturing Quality and Process Control Pillar to effectively plan, deploy and implement continuous improvement projects to show a positive trend on KPI’s. He/She/Them will effectively train and develop direct reports and other employees to the desired level of competency in various Quality related subjects and strategies. The Quality Manager will also lead efforts related to APQP, PPAP Approvals, and customer satisfaction.
Essential functions include:
- Lead Internal Audit Program to ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, regulatory, statutory, legal and other requirements. Coordinates and leads all external QMS & Customer audits for the Cleveland Site and ensure the effective closure of NCR’s from audits via Corrective Action. Ensures organization’s compliance with (primarily - but not limited to) the following standards/requirements: AS9100, ISO9001, Export Compliance (ITAR/EAR).
- Coach, supervise, and mentor the Quality Team (Engineers, Specialists, Technicians and Inspectors) for effective decision making concerning Product & Process Quality.
- Lead the Quality and Process Control Pillar to effectively plan, deploy and implement continuous improvement projects to show a positive trend on KPI’s. Corrective Action Systems and Waste reduction efforts.
- Upholds the highest standard of excellence in progressive EHS system development including participation in an EHS champion program. All other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations or Technical field
- Master's degree in a Technical field, Quality, Business or related field
- 5+ year's experience as a Quality Manager in a regulated manufacturing environment
- 3+ years' experience in an Aerospace-related manurfacturing environment is preferred
- 2+ years' experience in a supervisory/manager role
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001, IATF-16949, ISO 13485, APQP is preferred
- Expertise in problem solving methodologies and continuous improvement techniques
- Must have ability to manage performance, leadership skills, initiative, strong organizational and decision-making skills, team building and motivating skills, and a high degree of customer orientations.
- Six-Sigma/Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Certification is preferred
- ASQ CQE or CQT or CQA is preferred
- This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual (including for example refugees and asylees).
Physical Demands include:
- Vision - Ability to view/see parts for visual inspection and measuring
- Reading and Writing - Expressing or receiving detailed information by nonverbal means
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch - Requires use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Standing/Walking - Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Finger/Grasp/Handle/Feel - Working primarily with fingers
- Talk/Hear - Expressing or receiving detailed information by means of spoken word
- Repetitive Motions - Substantial movement of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Working in above ambient temperatures
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Benefits include:
▪Medical/Vision/Dental/Pharmacy ▪Short and Long Term Disability ▪Life and AD&D Insurance ▪Dependent Life Insurance ▪Volunteer Paid Time Off ▪Retirement Plan: 401(k) ▪Group Legal Coverage ▪Flexible Spending Account ▪Paid Holidays ▪Paid Vacation ▪Tuition Reimbursement ▪Employee Assistance Program (EAP) ▪Matching Gifts Program ▪Product Rebates ▪Vendor Discounts ▪Live Well ▪Wellness Reimbursement ▪Pet Insurance ▪Paternity Leave
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.