Reference : 566505
Fabrication Associate - 1st Shift
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 05/15/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/15/2019
**NOTE: The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 6am-2pm**
The Fabrication Associate is responsible for layout, cutting and assembly of coated fabric material to specific specifications. Performs and operates job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific process sheets and operational parameters. Must have excellent attention to quality in regards to the visual and weight/thickness aspects of the material being used and/or produced. Responsible for the overall quality of the product being produced.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates safety awareness and safe work practices
- Complies with Saint-Gobain safety rules, policies and procedures
- Ensures equipment and machinery are in correct and safe working order
- Safely operates powered and non-powered equipment and tools used in job functions
- Follow internal safety requirements for handling various powered equipment (up to 700 degrees) within work area
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Read and interpret blueprints, to measure, cut, layout and assemble coated fabric material
- Fabricate miscellaneous parts using a variety of hand tools and measures conformance to drawings or layovers
- Layout and assemble various projects including pretension windows, antenna covers, and other products
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processed
- Check materials using various calibrated and non-calibrated tools
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Cut and seam samples for Q.C. as required
- Determine through process decision making how to identify non-conforming material, make necessary adjustments to correct, and/or notify Lead, Production Supervisor, and/or Engineer
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience working in a Fabrication environment
- 3+ months experience reading blueprints (preferred)
- 1+ years experience working in an ISO environment (preferred)
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Accurately read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic comprehension, reading, writing and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Dependability and thoroughness
- Proficient using power and hand tools
- Basic understanding of equipment operation to include, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components operating simultaneously
- Willing and able to cross-train and be flexible in the work environment
- Citizenship requirements –
ITAR Compliance: Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is an ITAR-compliant facility. Due to ITAR regulations, successful candidates for this position may only be U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS: U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Saint-Gobain that may present access to export controlled technical data, Saint-Gobain must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- May be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head
- Ability to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces as needed
- Starting wage $14.00/hr
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.