Reference : USA05422
Spring Fabricator (2nd shift - Mon-Thurs 4:30pm - 3:00am) Manufacturing, Omniseal Solutions, Mobility
- United States , California , GARDEN GROVE
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
If you want to discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Spring (Metal) Fabricator sets up and operates the machines to fabricate parts per work order/drawing requirements and is accountable to load parts in the machine, cycle the machine and detect malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures.
- Select suitable tools and cutters to perform the required operations.
- Position and secure tools and tool holders to tool heads.
- Monitor tool wear and change tools and inserts as required.
- Use appropriate measuring equipment (such as micrometers, Vernier, height gauges, bore gauges etc.) to ensure that all components produced meet customer specifications.
- Make quality parts that meet customer specifications and deadlines, without rejection, in a fast paced work environment.
- Meet ongoing production quotas while working within very close tolerances in a machine-shop production environment.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement processes and projects in the areas of output, quality, cost and delivery.
- Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled shift in accordance with 5S principles.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other supporting tasks as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Lead.
2nd shift (Monday - Thursday, 4:30pm - 3:00am)
***Must be available to train on 1st shift***
- HS Diploma or GED certificate
- Desired: 1 year previous work experience as a manual machinist
- Ability to handle large and small parts
- Ability to read, understand and follow written materials including blueprint drawings, job orders, etc.
Certain states require pay information be provided in job postings. Saint-Gobain aims to deliver a comprehensive Total Rewards package to support our employees’ wellbeing and help improve daily life for themselves and their families. We believe in the importance of pay transparency in what we offer prospective candidates and provide the local pay range for this position, which is $18.00 to $21.90 per hour, plus 2nd shift differential of $1.00/hr. This hourly pay rate offered can vary depending on location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. In addition to the hourly base pay rate, this position is eligible for periodic bonus payments/an annual bonus. The targeted bonus amount can be up to 10% of hourly rate based on company and individual performance measures. The total annual target cash range (Hourly Pay Rate plus Bonus, annualized (40 hrs/week * 52wks)) for this position, is $43,400 to $52,300. Bonus payments are part of variable compensation and by nature can vary based on company and individual performance and is not a guarantee.]
Employees have the flexibility to choose the benefits that best fit their individual needs.
- Health and Wellbeing – Supporting your wellbeing, to thrive in life and work.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Healthcare Saving Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- LiveWell Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement and Protection - Helping to make the future life you want a reality.
- 401(k) with Company Match, Retirement Accumulation Plan (RAP), Cash Balance Pension Plan
- Company-provided Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary employee and dependent life insurance, Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Benefits – Helping shape the experience and impact you want
- Commuter Benefits
- Group Legal
- Identity Theft Protection
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance and Discounts
- Back-up Child & Elder Care
- PerkSpot Employee Discount Program
- Additional based on Role:
- One pair of company-issued steel-toe shoes, and safety glasses; annually
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Join Us at Saint-Gobain Mobility. Together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Click here to Explore more opportunities within Saint-Gobain Mobility.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.