Reference : USA03849
Assembly Operator - 1st Shift - Mobility (3 openings) Bristol, RI
- Technical Production
- United States , Rhode Island , BRISTOL
- Permanent / Regular
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Exciting opportunity to join the Aerospace Industry as a Production Worker for Saint-Gobain Mobility in Bristol, Rhode Island!
The Assembly Operator will perform manual assembly tasks to strict customer requirements. These tasks may include, but not limited to, inserting, working with adhesives, and part marking, of various Thermoplastic and Thermoset parts.
- Using semi-automated tools such as an engraver unit, pneumatic crimping tool, potting compound preparation and assembly and hydraulic presses
- Ability to set up a new job with little to no supervision producing little to no scrap or fall out
- Ability to perform all the duties of an Assembly Operator I in addition to training and delegating lower level operators
- Assist in identifying quality issues within the cell
- Proficient in measuring using calipers, micrometers, height stands, CMM, etc.
- • Contribute to team effort by performing other supporting tasks as directed by the Production Supervisor or Cell Lead
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent is preferred
- 1+ years of experience working as an Assembly Operator using semi-automated tools such as an engraver unit, pneumatic crimping tool, potting compound preparation and assembly, and hydraulic presses
- Computer and Math skills
- Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled shift in accordance with 5S principles
- Contribute towards continuous improvement processes and projects in the areas of output, quality, cost, and delivery
- Ability to escalate problems as they arise within the department
- Make quality parts that meet customer specifications and deadlines, with minimal scrap, in a fast-paced work environment
- This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual (including for example refugees and asylees).
Physical Demands include:
- Vision - Ability to view/see parts for visual inspection and measuring
- Reading and Writing - Expressing or receiving detailed information by nonverbal means
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch - Requires use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Standing/Walking - Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Finger/Grasp/Handle/Feel - Working primarily with fingers
- Talk/Hear - Expressing or receiving detailed information by means of spoken word
- Repetitive Motions - Substantial movement of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Working in above ambient temperatures
Saint-Gobain Benefits include:
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan: 401(k)
- Group Legal Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Matching Gifts Program
- Product Rebates
- Vendor Discounts
- Live Well
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Click here to Explore more opportunities within Saint-Gobain Mobility.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
This position is subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified applicants for the position must meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” at 22 C.F.R. 120.15 as a: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or otherwise a protected individual (including for example refugees and asylees).