Reference : USA04118
Maintenance - Electrician - 2nd Shift - Manufacturing
- United States , New York , HOOSICK FALL
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/16/2023
- United States HOOSICK FALL
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/16/2023
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Maintenance Electrician maintains and installs equipment, troubleshoots machines and makes repairs to the facility. Also responsible for other duties as assigned and determined by business needs.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes and repairs electrical controls, PLCs, and motor drives (with or without prints and with limited direction).
- Inspects, repairs, replaces, installs, adjusts and maintains electrical equipment and machinery as required.
- Works from machine prints, sketches, manuals and/or verbal directives.
- Schedule and perform periodic inspections of electrical equipment, looking for defects and proactive upgrading of equipment.
- Determine root cause and perform necessary repairs.
- Investigate reports of electrical breakdowns and perform necessary repairs.
- Establishes and assures proper record maintenance.
- Responsible for performing required audits in addition to cleaning, painting and maintaining 5S or other efficiency management programs.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times.
- 2 years Technical Degree or apprenticeship in Maintenance, Mechanical or Electrical Field of study Preferred
- 3-5 Years Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems background with experience in industrial equipment maintenance or equivalent demonstrated ability required.
- Basic PC Skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to manage multiple priorties and to clearly communicate information received in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to use shop math (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals) and compute rate, ratio and percent and ability to reach and interpret basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to understand manufacturing processes and to read blue prints, writing schematics, sketches, equipment service manuals, sample parts and general instructions.
- Competitive Pay, plus shift differentials
- Annual Bonus up to 10% of Base Pay
- Overtime Availability
- 11 Holidays; 80 Hours of Vacation Time per year, pro-rated based on start date; 56 hours of Sick Time per year.
- Benefits – Immediate Eligibility Based on Start Date; No Waiting Period
- 401(k) with company match
- Pension plan
- Education Reimbursement
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.