Reference : USA04390
EV Program Manager - NA
- United States , New York , HOOSICK FALL
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/04/2023
- United States HOOSICK FALL
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/04/2023
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The EV Program Manager is a customer-oriented individual with a strong product/program management knowledge who is tasked with driving automotive OEM and Tier One projects from the request for Quote throughout Nomination by the customer, prototype builds, Start of Production (SOP) up until end of program (EOP). This position focuses on the automotive market and requires a solid knowledge of the typical processes and tools used among automotive OEMs. The individual will coordinate a multifunctional team to meet the milestones comprised in the life of an automotive program. S/he will oversee the cost modeling during the project phase. S/he will be the privileged touchpoint with the customer during the program phase for all non-commercial aspects to the program. S/he will work in tandem with Sales to delight the Customer and bring sustainable profitable growth to the Business. This position is focused in North America (USA) but will coordinate with counterparts and teams worldwide.
This position can be based in either our Hoosick Falls, New York or Granville, New York location.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Acts as a project/program manager on OEM and key Tier One Programs
- Managing Customer Documents such as PPAP, FMEA, Supplier set-up, OEM or Tier Contract Reviews to ensure operations agreement to supply requests
- Model Cost and provide recommendations to run new programs to support market cost and profitability. Propose cost reduction alternatives where applicable, support operations in capital investments
- Communicates with internal team (operations & commercial) members to ensure timely and clear information transfer
- Exchanges constantly with the customer to sustain strong customer intimacy
- Influence and balance the needs/demands of multiple stakeholders
The following education/skills/experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Engineering discipline - Industrial/Materials Science/Polymer Science
- 4+ years Application Engineering/Process Engineering and Product Development
- 4-7 years Program Management and leading activities supporting end customers
- 4-7 years Project leadership including proven track record of project development and management
- Ability to understand how a total cost is calculated out of individual cost drivers
- Ability to work productively and respectfully with other cultures
- Experience with tools and concepts widely used in Automotive (8D reports, PPAP reports, FMEA, Root cause analysis, Monozukuri, Pokayoke, etc.) as well as with the principles of the IATF standard
The position requires travel of 25-40%. Travel to all sites involved in producing or selling solutions for the automotive market. Travel to meet and engage with assigned OEMs and Tier worldwide. Travel could be up to a week at a time for international travel.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.