Reference : 587863
- Technical Production
- United States , Plymouth , PLYMOUTH
- Posting date : 09/23/2021
- Technical Production
- United States PLYMOUTH
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/23/2021
The Manufacturing Engineer I is the manufacturing engineering resource to a plant with three main areas of focus: Process, Continuous Improvement/Cost Reduction, and New Product Development support. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to ensure long term reliability of the plant processes through technical support, and engineering activities designed to ensure that equipment and processes are operated properly, that proper care is administered, and conditions are monitored to preclude failures, and are optimized. Where failures occur in the process, to analyze the cause and develop the actions, procedures, etc., to preclude recurrence. Will lead or be the primary engineer in the development and implementation of manufacturing projects in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Ceilings goals and objectives. Through the application of engineering fundamentals and project management, this position will ensure that processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations; and resolve special causes variation. This position will support projects including capital projects involving primary processing equipment, material handling, automation and primary and ancillary process equipment for the Plymouth Plant.
- Develops and maintains Bill of Materials (BOM) and routings for accurate costing and scheduling.
- Manages quote requests and provides accurate costs to customer service.
- Tracks process bottlenecks and develops and executes improvement plans.
- Support maintenance and production personnel in resolving process and product variation, equipment problems and variation using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action. Participate in or lead root cause failure analysis, report findings, along with recommended remedies.
- Designing or developing new processes and revising / maintaining of existing processes; developing and implementing WCM/Lean projects; managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost / benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Responsibilities include designing/developing new process systems and work area layouts, revising existing processes and work area layouts, and developing and coordinating the implementation of projects, which contribute to plant profitability.
- Identification and eliminating waste throughout the process through the use of Lean, 6 Sigma, and WCM tools and methodologies.
- Aid in the New Product Development Process.
- Planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Project Engineering and Management including managing equipment and labor costs within project budget, adhering to timelines, and delivering quality.
- Responsible for safely and successfully executing projects, documenting, and communicating progress and results through reports, presentations etc
- Will complete process and equipment related projects and work towards independent project responsibilities.
- Ensure CertainTeed Ceilings’ standards of safety, quality and reliability are built into process and equipment solutions utilizing WCM principles.
- Manages plant’s cost savings performance on a monthly basis and leads execution of all cost savings projects.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other documentation.
- Identifies safety, cost and quality opportunities and develops solutions of corrective actions.
- Collects, interprets and extrapolates data from the production process to monitor current equipment performance against established baselines and applies appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintains Industrial Efficiency’s pillar Loss to Cost Tree to ensure plant is prioritizing projects that reduce losses.
- Prepares and maintains necessary process and project documentation.
- Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel as required.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports Safety/WCM/Lean initiatives.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Develop and maintain product technical drawings and manufacturing specifications.
- BS in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering required; or equivalent experience. Other engineering degrees considered with relevant experience, demonstrated accomplishment, capability.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.