Reference : 574430
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 12/02/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 12/02/2019
Are you an electrical engineer who strives to help improve processes, with industrial equipment knowledge, and a desire to work for a global manufacturing organization committed to sustainability? Look no further than the opportunity at our CertainTeed Ceiling’s plant in L’Anse, MI!
You will serve as the electrical engineering technical support to manufacturing operations personnel and engineering within the plant. Your primary focus would be to ensure equipment reliability, reduce variation and improve existing processes.
Occasional travel to other plants or vendors required, 5-10%.
- Ensure the availability and reliability of plant electrical and electronic equipment and components.
- Support maintenance personnel in resolving facilities and equipment problems and variation using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action. Participate in or lead root cause failure analysis, report findings, along with recommended remedies.
- Use advanced tools/techniques to reduce process variations and downtime.
- Identifies and resolves special cause variation in the process.
- Collects, interprets and extrapolates data from the production process to monitor current equipment performance against established baselines and applies appropriate correction actions.
- Analyzes operating problems, develops solutions and leads the implementation of corrective actions.
- Support AM/PM programs and initiatives.
- Provide engineering support to and manage capital and expense projects; including planning, development, design, working with contractors, through project execution.
- Manage contractors as required including the contractor’s adherence to all plant and corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all policies and standards both internal and external are met and maintained.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM/Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Assures food housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Continuously updates skills and knowledge base to leverage the latest technologies and applications in the plant.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 1-3 years’ electrical engineering work
- Specialized knowledge of industrial equipment such as motors, drives, PLCs, control loops, control networks, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to effectively and professionally work alongside and/or manage skilled trades and handle stressful situations with professionalism and tact.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to persuade non-technical personnel through both conviction and with a strong knowledge in electrical theory.
- Desire to change the status quo and continuously strive to better the plant, personnel, and processes.
- Strong team player skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasker able to handle multiple requests simultaneously while effectively understanding and maintaining priorities and timelines.
- Strong commitment towards both internal and external customers.
- The individual needs to have a good understanding of safety procedures and work habits.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years’ electrical engineering work in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a lean environment
- Understanding of applicable electrical codes such as National Electrical Code (NEC) and Arc-Flash (NFPA-70E) code requirements.
- Proficiency in CAD software
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.