Reference : USA00858
- Technical Production
- United States , Kansas , KANSAS CITY
- Posting date : 01/14/2022
- Technical Production
- United States KANSAS CITY
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/14/2022
“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
We are seeking degreed Engineers with up to three years of experience with a focus on Process Engineering to be located at Saint-Gobain/CertainTeed’s insulation manufacturing plant located in Kansas City, KS. This site is the world’s largest insulation manufacturing plant in the world!
We are seeking highly-motivated, passionate and career minded individuals driven by a desire to learn, develop and grow with an industry leader.
• Develops daily process control and performs regular checks.
• Actively demonstrate safety and environmental leadership, takes actions to assess and reduce the risks.
• Assist and lead World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects.
• Troubleshoot and analyze the breakdowns with the help of the maintenance crew,
• Standardize settings and procedures.
• Propose and coordinate new projects, including management of contractors when required.
• Prepare and execute product development trials.
• Actively ensure highest quality for the finished products, optimize settings, and investigate customer complaints with the teams.
• Develop and adjust the production schedule with the Supply Chain Planner.
• Manage the workflow of products on hold at the interface with the quality and supply chain departments.
Key Areas of Accountability
• High safety and environmental standards.
• Standardization of line settings and operating procedures.
• Technical support for operators and shift managers.
• Analyze process performances, material losses, time losses, and product quality.
• Participate in product and process development including trials.
• Develop an optimized production schedule with the Production Planner.
• Deliver successful continuous improvement projects.
• Supervision of contractors or engineers tasks during down days.
• Develop high quality training for the Hot End Operators.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ceramic or Chemical).
- Up to three years of professional experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with continuous process flow.
- Solid mechanical, hydraulic and industrial process knowledge. Understanding of mass & energy balance, flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), fluid properties and thermodynamics.
- Well organized with basic project management skills using timelines and coordinated decision making.
- Good working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies with leadership ability to drive and implement change.
- Financial acumen: product cost calculation, project payback, efficiencies, etc.
- Analytical ability: pro-active approach to problem solving using a rigorous analytical approach.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.