Reference : 587886
Plant Engineer and Maintenance Leader
- Technical Production
- United States , Quakertown , Quakertown
- Posting date : 09/24/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Quakertown
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/24/2021
CertainTeed Siding, one of the business units within the Saint-Gobain family of companies, has created a new and exciting role within their new location in Quakertown, PA. The 60,000 square foot location, which manufactures Siding’s newest line of products, would love for the right engineer, with a passion for sustainability and safety, to join their team as a Plant Engineer & Maintenance Leader. The Plant Engineer & Maintenance Leader is responsible for facilitating engineering projects, the reliability centered maintenance strategy/implementation, and the management of the spare parts inventory for the Quakertown site. This role is a senior leader within the plant and is therefore responsible for supporting the creation of a culture of excellence for safety, product quality, customer service, and overall cost for the plant. The Plant Engineer & Maintenance Leader will report to the Plant Manager.
- Manage the capital budget for the plant. Assure proper input is given to the plan and is strategic in nature for all aspects of the building and equipment as well as future expansion.
- Lead/write AR’s related to all initiatives following CertainTeed protocol with purchasing and finance.
- Lead the commissioning and startup of new equipment, the removal of obsolete equipment, and the transfer and or refurbishing of equipment selected for repurposing.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for a Reliability Centered Maintenance approach to the plant.
- Participates in self-development activities and training of others, inclusive of use of basic hand tools such as but not limited to electrical testing meters, grinders, drills, hand saws; and basic machine shop tools such as drill presses, power band saws, sanders, and other related tools.
- Participate with department budget preparation and track expenses. Keep applicable records of safety, production and maintenance reports, performance, and overtime.
- Promote and facilitate team based initiatives that continuously improve safety, product quality, production processes, delivery to our customers, and cost performance.
- Train, challenge, and motivate employees to ensure understanding and compliance with Federal, State, Company and Plant Policies regarding safety, conduct, product quality, production, operator based care, and process troubleshooting.
- Promote an atmosphere of continuous improvement toward safety, quality, customer service and productivity with focus and the initiation cost reductions, process improvements and any other site improvements.
- Promote and facilitate Site improvement opportunities, with a focus on project management, Kaizen events, and WCM projects.
- Immediately, correct or report unsafe acts or conditions through appropriate channels of resolution.
- Manage incident investigations, review corrective action plan, recommend appropriate course of action, and oversee implementation.
Facilitate safety observations and incident reporting activities, keep an active record, follow up on necessary corrective actions
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or Electrical Controls and or Instrumentation discipline. A Master of Science degree in a related field a plus, but not required.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Electrical Technology, Electrical Controls, Electrical Process Instrumentation or equivalent extensive and pertinent experience.
- 10-15 years’ experience within operations in a manufacturing environment, inclusive of infrastructure improvement.
- The role requires professionalism and a strong degree of diplomacy, especially under “fire-fighting” scenarios.
- The role requires long-range vision (for both planning and consequence analysis).
- MS Office applications experience required.
- Recognized and demonstrated commitment to people, service, quality, and adept at change.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skill required.
- Schedule may vary with time of the year and the needs of the business. Must be flexible to schedule changes and must be willing to work what is required. Ability to travel on rare occasion.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.